question

Post by Garibaldi » Fri, 23 May 2003 22:10:50

I received some network stuff from a friend, a HUGHES LAN HUB. I can
put 6 concentrator in it and I have one management hub card. It has 2
RS 232 ports but I can't connect on it (tried terminal, 9600,
8bit....)
As it is quite old, I could get information from the constructor. Does
someone know what I can do with that hub management card and how ?

thanks

question

Post by D. Abaimo » Thu, 29 May 2003 02:19:56

Open Hyper Terminal connection to a port. Then cycle the hub's power. As the
hub goes alive, if nothing comes up on the screen, it's pretty much useless
without additional software or even a proprietary cable.
--
Dmitri Abaimov
http://www.cabling-design.com

Quote:> I received some network stuff from a friend, a HUGHES LAN HUB. I can
> put 6 concentrator in it and I have one management hub card. It has 2
> RS 232 ports but I can't connect on it (tried terminal, 9600,
> 8bit....)
> As it is quite old, I could get information from the constructor. Does
> someone know what I can do with that hub management card and how ?

> thanks

1. Questions Questions Questions

HI again

We are trying to implement a resilient WAN and have just got some stats
from the routers and now have more questions that I cannot answer. Some
of these are not relevant to this mail list but here goes

1) At what point is a kilo / mega stream link considered saturated i.e.
20% 50% 80%
2) Does sh int s 0 show ALL network traffic both IP and IPX together or
just IP
3) Would it be better to have all routers on the same subnet and router
different ones. I.e. 10.10.10.0 for routers and 10.100.0.0 for other
networks off the routers
4) What increase in traffic can we expect if we switch to OSPF from RIP
when the resilient links are in place
5) How much more traffic is there when a floppy link is detected and will
this traffic affect the whole network or just the parts that need to know
6) How can I monitor dropped pkts and retries.
7) How can I monitor pkt lengths
8) Does routing Novell IPX increase traffic flow or is it the same as
standard IPX pkts

This list is long I know but I am stuck and there is no one where I work
can help with the answers.

All routers are Cisco either 4000 or 2514's there are about 12 -15
routers in the network (only small) but this is to increase as we put the
resiliency into action and would like to get it right in the first
instance

The resilient links will all be Point To Point or possible frame relay
(type)

Any help with any of these questions will be gratefully received

MIA

Gary

2. Earthlink DSL

3. upgrading to sp3 from no sp

4. 2500 Router Question..... (Maybe Routing Question)

5. LanWorkPlace for Chinese Windows 3.1

6. Config to block Code Red question question.

7. bind 8.1.2

8. *** NAT question (in fact PAT question) ***

9. kinda dumb PIX NAT/PAT question leading into a VPN question

10. question: config loading questions

11. Access list question (was Re: Question to Barry Margolin)

12. Access List questions for ACL GURU's and Switch question