Problems with NetOp

Post by Dave » Mon, 14 Jul 2003 03:48:44

Hi

We are a school with a network consisting of several servers and 3 rooms
with 30 workstations each. NetOp used to run for each room, allowing all the
machines in the room to be seen. However, in the last few weeks, only a few
workstations are seen in two of the rooms, room1 and room2 and when run in
the room3, workstations from only rooms 1 and 2 are seen!

Any ideas what is going on?

We have been developing some software to control pupils workstations, the
software we have developed sends small broadcast messages on port 0 host
255.255.255.255 but we have been using that it for several months without
problems. Recently we have added changes to the software that changes the
users registry for the proxy server value in
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings. This software has been used several times, but is not running
continuously.

Could the problem be  linked to this new software?

Any help appreciated.

Dave
please remove the 'removethis' from email address for personal replies.

1. Mouse device driver problems with Netop

I an using Netop 6.5 remote-control application on systems running
under NT4. I have just downloaded a new mouse device driver for the
new machine that I am building. Users can connect to this machine from
their terminals using Netop clients but they can't use their mouse to
transfer clicks. The new machine is an Compaq Evo51S with Logitech
Mouse driver which is the latest release and downloaded from compaq
website. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Savings on Drive

3. NetOp - Recursive

4. Memory Checking

5. 3620 OSPF -> Portmaster 3 OSPF Problems Problems Problems

6. error

7. Caller ID Problems Caller ID Problems Caller ID Problems

8. Cando Mailing List?

9. xntp3 HPUX problems, problems, problems...

10. pix (nat) problem or voip problem ?

11. AAA authentication problem (breakdown autentication problem)