Catalyst 5000-onboard Intel Pro 100VE adapter compatibiltiy

Catalyst 5000-onboard Intel Pro 100VE adapter compatibiltiy

Post by <jdwoo.. » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 16:57:54

Anybody help with this one?
Samsung laptops are losing connection to my Catalyst 5000 with 10MB card.
They are running Windows 2000 (even SP4) and I've tried latest driver MS &
Intel to ver 9.
If I run Knoppix Linux boot from CD the connection is fine.  The symptom is
the connection is dropping and connecting constantly
With D-Link 660 PC card it's fine.
Anybody help with this one?
Samsung laptops are losing connection to my Catalyst 5000 with 10MB card.
They are running Windows 2000 (even SP4) and I've tried latest driver MS &
Intel to ver 9.
If I run Knoppix Linux boot from CD the connection is fine.  The symptom is
the connection is dropping and connecting constantly
With D-Link 660 PC card it's fine.

Catalyst 5000-onboard Intel Pro 100VE adapter compatibiltiy

Post by Hansang Ba » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 12:53:33

Quote:> Anybody help with this one?
> Samsung laptops are losing connection to my Catalyst 5000 with 10MB card.
> They are running Windows 2000 (even SP4) and I've tried latest driver MS &
> Intel to ver 9.
> If I run Knoppix Linux boot from CD the connection is fine.  The symptom is
> the connection is dropping and connecting constantly
> With D-Link 660 PC card it's fine.
> Anybody help with this one?
> Samsung laptops are losing connection to my Catalyst 5000 with 10MB card.
> They are running Windows 2000 (even SP4) and I've tried latest driver MS &
> Intel to ver 9.
> If I run Knoppix Linux boot from CD the connection is fine.  The symptom is
> the connection is dropping and connecting constantly
> With D-Link 660 PC card it's fine.

Hardcode it on both ends.

--

hsb

"Somehow I imagined this experience would be more rewarding"  Calvin
***************  USE ROT13 TO SEE MY EMAIL ADDRESS  ****************
reply to emails sent to my account.  Please post a followup instead.

1. Intel EtherExpress Pro/100 & Catalyst 5000 (IOS 2.3)

when tracing traffic (DHCP), we noticed that only when VLAN 1 was
defined on the  DHCP server, the lease allocation was successful in all
connected VLANs.
Otherwise  only broadcasts from clients in the first defined VLAN
arrived at the DHCP  server.
There seems to be a problem with the ISL part of the driver (old ISL
version ?).

Has anybody experience with connecting a server through an ISL card to a
Cat 5K?

regards Thomas

Thomas Beiderwieden
Dresdner Bank AG Frankfurt
Konzernstab Organisation
IT-Systemimplementierung
Netzwerksysteme

Telefon: +49 69 263 - 5342 (
Fax:     +49 69 263 - 11375 4

2. Problem of Chargeable Battery of Clie N760C

3. Questions about VLANs on Catalyst 5000 & Catalyst 1200

4. How do you delete a local pinter port or change IP address?

5. Cabletron and Catalyst 5000/Catalyst 5500

6. Upgrade to VS 2003 in team environment

7. Questions about VLANs on Catalyst 5000, Catalyst 1200

8. Is PM_ASYNC_FOCUS_CHANGE needed in Warp 4?

9. Cisco Catalyst 2900XL and Intel PRO/100+

10. Dual Intel Pro/100+ Adapters

11. Anyone experienced with the Intel Pro/1000 gigabit ethernet adapter?

12. How to get rid of Intel PRO/100+ Management Adapter