limited rate ethernet

Post by hosein nooria » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 22:53:44

hi,
I am new in using ethernet,please hint me.
I have a system(a point to point radio) which I want to connect it to
ethernet base computer network.but I can not transfer all of band
width
which the ethernet can transfer(at least 10 Mb/S in 10base ethernet).
I can transfer only 64 kb/s  of it.
how can I limite this rate?in other words,how can I say to ehtrnet to
limite its rate to 64kb/s ?
best regard.

limited rate ethernet

Post by Fritz » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 23:34:59

> how can I limite this rate?in other words,how can I say to ehtrnet to
> limite its rate to 64kb/s ?

Flow control in this type of situation is typically handled by the higher
layers (e.g. TCP).

RFM
--
To reply, translate domain from l33+ 2p33|< to alpha.
                4=a  0=o  3=e  +=t

limited rate ethernet

Post by Reed » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 10:33:44

> hi,
> I am new in using ethernet,please hint me.
> I have a system(a point to point radio) which I want to connect it to
> ethernet base computer network.but I can not transfer all of band
> width
> which the ethernet can transfer(at least 10 Mb/S in 10base ethernet).
> I can transfer only 64 kb/s  of it.
> how can I limite this rate?in other words,how can I say to ehtrnet to
> limite its rate to 64kb/s ?
> best regard.

The device you need is called a router. One issue will be the
physical/electrical interface from the router to your radio. Most
routers with a  64k WAN port present a V.35 interface. Can your
radio be provisioned with a Full Duplex data channel with V.35
interface ?? Routers with 1-Ethernet port and 1-WAN port are
available from just about any vendor you can think of. Does your
network have other routers already ?

--reed

1. rate limiting an ethernet subinterface?

My telco is able to handle vlan tagging and dot1q encapsulation. They
present their services via ethernet fibre or copper. What would be the
easiest way to configure my router to limit the traffic rate on each
subinterface?

Eg, my router has a 10mb copper ethernet connection to the telco and
two remote sites route through. The actual barer speed is 4mb. What
would be the easiest way to limit the traffic on both remotes to 2mbs
each?

interface fastethernet0/1.2
  encapsulation dot1q 2
  ip address 192.168.101.1 255.255.255.252

interface fastethernet0/1.3
  encapsulation dot1q 3
  ip address 192.168.101.9 255.255.255.252

2. CDR Mac & PC Software

3. Rate limiting bridged ethernet?

4. launching the target server

5. netTask limits high-frame-rate transfers in Gigabit Ethernet

6. Procedure Separators

7. 3550 rate limit/bandwitj limit

8. error in "make formats" whilst building TeX3.14

9. Committed Access Rate (rate limit) and MIBs

10. Rates, Rates, Rates ....

11. use virtual templates for per user rate limits on a lan?

12. Different Rate Limits per Port based on IP?

13. Setting ip icmp rate-limit