how to conect two computers?

Post by Didi » Wed, 21 May 2003 04:15:24

I am a novice on this subject.  I try reading on it but too many ways to do
it and no way if knowing which is the correct way.
I have two computers, both windows XP, I would like to share, copy etc from
one to the other. Mainly transfer a bunch of files from one to the other.
I have the Toshiba cable modem in another room conected to a Netgear Router.
From the router I have two cables coming out to each of the computers.
My question is how can I share the files from this two computers. Yesterday
a guy at Best Buy said I was able to do it but can find how to set this up.

Please , keep in mind that I am a novice.  But ready to learn. If I am in
the wrong newsgroup sorry, please let me know where can I find help for this
question.

Didi

how to conect two computers?

Post by M.C. van den Bovenkam » Wed, 21 May 2003 04:43:02

> Please , keep in mind that I am a novice.  But ready to learn. If I am in
> the wrong newsgroup sorry, please let me know where can I find help for this
> question.

I suggest looking in com.os.ms-windows.networking and friends.

                Regards,

                        Marco.

how to conect two computers?

Post by Didi » Wed, 21 May 2003 05:59:13

> > Please , keep in mind that I am a novice.  But ready to learn. If I am
in
> > the wrong newsgroup sorry, please let me know where can I find help for
this
> > question.

> I suggest looking in com.os.ms-windows.networking and friends.

> Regards,

> Marco.

Thanks..I looked at that newsgroup and thats exacly what i was looking for.

Didi

how to conect two computers?

Post by J. Clark » Wed, 21 May 2003 06:29:12

On Mon, 19 May 2003 19:15:24 GMT

> I am a novice on this subject.  I try reading on it but too many ways to do
> it and no way if knowing which is the correct way.
> I have two computers, both windows XP, I would like to share, copy etc from
> one to the other. Mainly transfer a bunch of files from one to the other.
> I have the Toshiba cable modem in another room conected to a Netgear Router.
> From the router I have two cables coming out to each of the computers.
> My question is how can I share the files from this two computers. Yesterday
> a guy at Best Buy said I was able to do it but can find how to set this up.

> Please , keep in mind that I am a novice.  But ready to learn. If I am in
> the wrong newsgroup sorry, please let me know where can I find help for this
> question.

It's really an XP question, not an Ethernet question.  The right place to ask
would be comp.os.ms-windows.nt.networking if I recall correctly--it will be in
the comp.os.ms-windows.nt hierarchy anyway.

Quote:> Didi

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

1. Help file transfer by modem I conected Vax and Pc computer

Hi,

I'll appreciate if help me for to find the best way for to transfer
ASCII and binary files by phone.

The source files are in VAX machine and this machine are a SZ program
for to send files. In the other side I have a modem and with XMODEM with
8 bits I can receive perfectly.

But I use 7 bits, because is one restriction and then not functioning
the transfer.

Could you help me?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely<

Octavio Juarez

--
Octavio Juarez Espinosa
Gabriel Valerio 1134

2. migrate or shadow?

3. Conecting two 2503 300 meters away

4. Importing csv's, making pdb's appear

5. I dont have a Telabit with pep but I wish to Conect to two of them

6. Help! Want to make a dynamic modal dialog box.

7. Connecting a computer to a two-computer LAN via modem

8. FS: Falcon accel + ide hdd

9. two modems on two different computers - linking?

10. two internal modems on one computer - two concurrent incoming connetions

11. Using two modems on two lines on the same computer

12. Two TA's/Two Computers on One 128K ISDN Connection?

13. networking two computers, want to use laptop in two locations in my house