Loopback and RX_ER signal

Post by pran » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 18:22:41

Hi all,
   There are management registers in the PHY . Now when the MAC
configures the PHY in loopback mode the TX_EN from MAC is connected to
RX_DV .
    Also the TX_DATA is connected to RX_DATA .
 Now the question is whether TX_ER is connected to RX_ER ? I have
searched in the std 802.3 (2000) but i couldn't find anything related
to it. Hope any one of you friends can help me out.

Regards,
Pranav

1. rx_er error during preamble

Hi,

I'm testing a nic card for IEEE 802.3 compliance.
Here's the situation:

If RX_ER and RX_DV are being asserted during preamble
and ONLY preamble, should the frame be discarded?

         ________________________________
rx_dv  _/                                \_____
           _
rx_er  ___/ \____________________________________

data   -< preamble  ><SFD><  data   ><fcs>

thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. HELP!!! My Hotsync no longer installs files!

3. Line Signalling R2 and DTMF for outgoing signaling Question,

4. Anyone know how IBM, read the VGA card type under OS/2?

5. Makeing ring and tip signal with voice signal

6. Product Validation Contract needed - UK (Kent/Essex)

7. call-associated signaling and non-call associated signaling

8. Wireless router signal & TV signal interfere

9. I need a signal meter to check signal dB on my CATV cable system

10. loopback network ignore

11. Cisco2970 gigabit ethernet port gets disabled due to loopback error

12. ipsec tunnel to loopback addr