Using a 4-port Broadband Cable/DSL Gateway Router as a simple 4-port hub

Using a 4-port Broadband Cable/DSL Gateway Router as a simple 4-port hub

Post by Michael Goba » Sat, 07 Jun 2003 01:18:36

Can I just disable DHCP Server on the 4-port LAN side and used the
4-ports as a regular hub?  I'm guessing YES but I want to see if
someone out there is using it this way.

Thanks in advance.

Post by Gary Breuckma » Fri, 13 Jun 2003 13:59:35

> Can I just disable DHCP Server on the 4-port LAN side and used the
> 4-ports as a regular hub?  I'm guessing YES but I want to see if someone
> out there is using it this way.

That should work fine, but so should leaving DHCP enabled.

-- Gary Breuckman