Protools Ethernet Protocal Analyser

Post by Richard Chandle » Sat, 06 May 1995 04:00:00

        Dear All,

                I am using a ethernet network analyser on a P.C

        it is written by a company called Protools and called

        Foundation Manager, does anyone have a technical support

        contact for this company, either telephone number, or e-mail

        address.

                                Richard Chandler

Post by Peter P. Morriss » Sat, 06 May 1995 04:00:00

>Newsgroups: comp.dcom.lans.ethernet
>Subject: Protools Ethernet Protocal Analyser
>Date: 5 May 1995 08:07:11 GMT

>        Dear All,
>                I am using a ethernet network analyser on a P.C
>        it is written by a company called Protools and called
>        Foundation Manager, does anyone have a technical support
>        contact for this company, either telephone number, or e-mail
>        address.
>                                Richard Chandler

They are now owned by Network General Corporation whose main number is:
415-473-2000.

1. Ethernet Network Analyzer, Monitor, and Packet Generator Software

I have uploaded to Simtel.Net:

http://www.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/msdos/lan/netprob2.zip
ftp://ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/msdos/lan/netprob2.zip   110365 bytes

netprob2.zip    Network analyzer, monitor and packet generator

NetProb is an efficient and reliable tool for analyzing, monitoring, and
generating packets on your Ethernet local area network.  It runs on a
MS-DOS or Windows 95 PC or a laptop equipped with an Ethernet adapter
that supports packet driver.  NetProb decodes TCP/IP, AppleTalk,
NetWare,
NetBEUI packets.  NetProb supports powerful packet filtering and
triggering capabilities.  You can capture, examine, print, save network
packets.  NetProb provides real time network statistics.  You can set
various alarms to alert you of certain network conditions.  Use NetProb
to generate any network packet to isolate hardware or software problems.
This is especially useful for load testing under construction networks
as
well as network hardware/software underdevelopment.  Help is context
sensitive and is very useful for both the new and experienced NetProb
users alike.  NetProb is an essential tool for network engineers, system
administrators, and hardware/software engineers working with LAN.

Changes: Enhancement and bug fixes.

netprob2.zip (ver 1.31) has replaced netprob1.zip (ver 1.3).

Shareware.  Uploaded by the author.

Shamim Khan, NetPlus, Inc.

http://www.netplusinc.com/

2. Install Identd?

3. Software Ethernet and Token Ring Analyser

4. BGP, NAT and ACCESS-LIST in multihomed environment

5. Ethernet Protocol Analyzers

6. VIm - can't compile

7. Ethernet protocol analyzer

8. ***** NETWORKING MANAGER/CENTRAL JERSEY/PERMANENT ********

9. Which ethernet analyser should I buy.

10. Ethernet sniffer, analyzer...

11. FS:Black Box Ethernet analyzer