NT4 does not see my PCMCIA ethernet card

NT4 does not see my PCMCIA ethernet card

Post by Jan van Veldhuize » Tue, 17 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I have a problem with my Premax Actiontec PE200 ethernet card. I did
install the NT4-drivers on my new notebook, but the service will not load,
because the drivers does not detect the adapter.
I think the problem is that the notebook has a Cardbus (Texas Instruments
PCI-1131) controller. The notebook is a Leo 6000 from FIC (www.fic.com.tw).

I have surfed several hours over the Net looking for information, but I
found no solution for my problem.....

Jan van Veldhuizen

NT4 does not see my PCMCIA ethernet card

Post by Jan van Veldhuize » Wed, 18 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Finally I did find the solution: By trying out all possible combinations of
IRQ, IO-port and Memory-address. According to Murphy's Law the first days
none of the combination did work. But today (the 276th attempt?) I couldnt
believe it, but I saw the entire network!!!
Hurrah! Long life to NT4's superb plug-and-play facilities!

> I have a problem with my Premax Actiontec PE200 ethernet card. I did
> install the NT4-drivers on my new notebook, but the service will not
load,
> because the drivers does not detect the adapter.
> I think the problem is that the notebook has a Cardbus (Texas Instruments
> PCI-1131) controller. The notebook is a Leo 6000 from FIC
(www.fic.com.tw).

> I have surfed several hours over the Net looking for information, but I
> found no solution for my problem.....

> Jan van Veldhuizen

NT4 does not see my PCMCIA ethernet card

Post by Eddie Lo » Thu, 19 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I had the same problem too when I installed my XIRCOM CEM card onto my
Toshiba Notebook with NT workstation 4.0 on it. I had to try every single
combination b4 I got it working.

Eh? NT4 DOES NOT support plug-and-play.

Quote:> Finally I did find the solution: By trying out all possible combinations

Post by Virgil Smit » Thu, 19 Feb 1998 04:00:00

| Finally I did find the solution: By trying out all possible combinations
of
| IRQ, IO-port and Memory-address. According to Murphy's Law the first days
| none of the combination did work. But today (the 276th attempt?) I
couldnt
| believe it, but I saw the entire network!!!
| Hurrah! Long life to NT4's superb plug-and-play facilities!

Yes NT4 sucks for changing hardware, but to accuse it of having bad
plug-and-play facilities is wrong in that it does not support plug-and-play
in any sense (though it would be nice if it did and NT5 will).
Virgil Smith
Engineer
Nomadics Inc.

NT4 does not see my PCMCIA ethernet card

Post by Pete » Fri, 20 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Nou Jan, gefeliciteerd hoor!

NT4 does not see my PCMCIA ethernet card

Post by Jan van Veldhuize » Fri, 20 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Mind your own business!

Quote:>Nou Jan, gefeliciteerd hoor!

NT4 does not see my PCMCIA ethernet card

Post by Pete » Fri, 20 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Een beetje vriendelijker kan ook wel ja!

(_*_)

NT4 does not see my PCMCIA ethernet card

Post by Dave Crinso » Thu, 19 Mar 1998 04:00:00

try using the PNPISA.inf on your nt cd this works reasonably well with ISA
no idea with PCMCIA.  Just right click the inf and select install,  restart
as usaual and you have NT PNP support.

> Finally I did find the solution: By trying out all possible combinations
of
> IRQ, IO-port and Memory-address. According to Murphy's Law the first days
> none of the combination did work. But today (the 276th attempt?) I
couldnt
> believe it, but I saw the entire network!!!
> Hurrah! Long life to NT4's superb plug-and-play facilities!

> > I have a problem with my Premax Actiontec PE200 ethernet card. I did
> > install the NT4-drivers on my new notebook, but the service will not
> load,
> > because the drivers does not detect the adapter.
> > I think the problem is that the notebook has a Cardbus (Texas
Instruments
> > PCI-1131) controller. The notebook is a Leo 6000 from FIC
> (www.fic.com.tw).

> > I have surfed several hours over the Net looking for information, but I
> > found no solution for my problem.....

> > Jan van Veldhuizen

1. To Ethernet card or too not Ethernet card, that is the Question for @Home Service

 Ok here is my question I have called my local TCI cable provider and asked

service they tell me even if I have a Ethernet card they will charge me a $150

need two Ethernet cards in my computer. Now who should I believe about this

what another say $40 bucks for the interner service? Scary! They're just

By testing I mean they don't even have it setup yet. They are testing it for
upload/download to make sure everything works ok before they offer it.

2. MRTG and AS5400: how to monitor DS0s usage per single DS1 ?

3. 3COM Ethernet PCMCIA card in a TOSHIBA PCMCIA Deskstation

4. mbox to maildir?

5. 2xLinkSys NP100 PCMCIA ethernet adapters in an NT4 laptop

6. comp.lang.java.{help,programmer} - what they're for (mini-FAQ 2001-1-21)

7. NetWare not seeing network card <solved!>

8. Load at Startup Problem

9. NetWare not seeing network card

10. Linksys LAN card not seen by PlugandPlay setup

11. host file not doing its job in NT4

12. WFWG sees 3 AE2 cards as same Ethernet Numbers!