problem interconnecting 3Com stack to 3Com switch

problem interconnecting 3Com stack to 3Com switch

Post by Max » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 00:33:48

Hi,

we have problems interconnecting a 3Com stack
with another switch in order to extend the network
connections. If I connect a server to the stack port
I can see the network, but when I connect the
same port to a switch (not in stack) I can't
see packets ??? The switch led is off ?!?

Why ? Can anyone help me ?

problem interconnecting 3Com stack to 3Com switch

Post by Chris » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 16:47:59

Switch to switch connection needs a crossover. If  neither of the ports can
be set to cross (via a switch setting or with an autosensing function), you
will need a crossover cable
__________________________________________________-

Quote:> Hi,

> we have problems interconnecting a 3Com stack
> with another switch in order to extend the network
> connections. If I connect a server to the stack port
> I can see the network, but when I connect the
> same port to a switch (not in stack) I can't
> see packets ??? The switch led is off ?!?

> Why ? Can anyone help me ?

1. Problems with cisco switch and Chooser in Mac, 3Com-switch no problem

One of our customers have serious problems with the Chooser in Mac
while using a cisco C2924M with 4 fiber ports, but as soon as they
changed to a 3Com switch everything worked fine. Switching back to
the cisco switch made the problems reappear.

The problem is that the Chooser often doesn't show any resources.
Sometimes the resources show after some time, other times nothing
happens until the Chooser is reopened. Sometimes, not very often,
the resources show immediately as they should.

Printing from an application says that the networkprinter is not
available.

There is no problem with TCP/IP, just the Chooser.

Any ideas?

One of our technicians read somewhere that turning off spanning tree
might help but we tried that without success. And why should spanning
tree care about a client Mac?

Thanks!

--

2. Which 4GL can access an encapsulated database (I/O through stored procs)?

3. 3com super stack switch

4. CA-MANMAN/X -- migrate Oracle 6 to 7

5. FS 3com Super Stack II Switch 1100

6. Generating select element from xml/xsl

7. Weird Inventory Problem

8. 3COM Switch 3300 stack - help needed

9. 10/100 switches: 3com vs 3com vs dlink

10. Q:3COM 3C905, 3COM LinkSwitch 1000, Compaq 5506 Switch with 100Mbps Full Duplex?

11. HPOV NNM and 3COM stack configuration problems

12. A challenge for all: Interaction between 3Com switches & Cisco switches