1 ethernet card rather than 2 ethernet cards?

1 ethernet card rather than 2 ethernet cards?

Post by gdm » Wed, 04 Jul 2001 04:32:44

I am looking for 1 ethernet card to replace two ethernet card in my pc. so
that card will have 2 ports ethernet. Does such a card exist? if it exist
where could I find such a card?
gdm

1 ethernet card rather than 2 ethernet cards?

Post by J. Clark » Thu, 05 Jul 2001 06:24:32

says...

Quote:> I am looking for 1 ethernet card to replace two ethernet card in my pc. so
> that card will have 2 ports ethernet. Does such a card exist? if it exist
> where could I find such a card?

www.intel.com

--John
(used to be jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Post by Stephen Furl » Thu, 05 Jul 2001 16:58:16

> I am looking for 1 ethernet card to replace two ethernet card in my pc. so
> that card will have 2 ports ethernet. Does such a card exist? if it exist
> where could I find such a card?
> gdm

Yes, two-port cards do exist, we have some Intel ones in some of our
servers.  I have seen cards with up to four ports.

I don't know where you could buy such a card in your part of the
world, but it should not be difficult to find one, here in the uk most
of the catalogues we receive from suppliers list them.

1. To Ethernet card or too not Ethernet card, that is the Question for @Home Service

 Ok here is my question I have called my local TCI cable provider and asked

service they tell me even if I have a Ethernet card they will charge me a $150

need two Ethernet cards in my computer. Now who should I believe about this

what another say $40 bucks for the interner service? Scary! They're just

By testing I mean they don't even have it setup yet. They are testing it for
upload/download to make sure everything works ok before they offer it.

2. 68K 'long' is really 'short'??

3. 3Com Megahertz Global 56k PC Card modem and 3Com Ethernet PC Card

4. Starting the SNMP Processes

5. Ethernet and Fast Ethernet Cards in 3.12 Server (long)

6. FP Site Migration

7. Second Ethernet card or ISDN card for Sparc

8. Summary: Which Emacs?

9. Card Bus/PC Card & 100Mbps Ethernet

10. Bad ethernet onboard card/1 good PCI card/Cable Modem/

11. Bellsouth: PCI card or Ethernet Card?

12. Router/Ethernet Card/Video Card help