Ensoniq Audio PCI??

Post by Chuck Forsber » Sat, 01 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Has anyone had experience with the Ensoniq Audio PCI with
FS98??  How good is its joystick port??  Is there any audio
garble similar to that heard with Soundblaster cards w/FS98??

--

Ensoniq Audio PCI??

Post by Rodney Heste » Sun, 09 Nov 1997 04:00:00

I also have a STB Nitro 3D 4M and Ensoniq AudioPCI on a Pionex Pentium 200
machine with 64M RAM.  I also have incredibly bad sound under FS98, and have
no problems whatsoever with any other D3D apps.  Trying OEM drivers for the
same hardware did not improve things.

Microsoft can fix this or buy my copy back, as far as I'm concerned.

>I have this card on a Gateway P6-233, 32 Meg, STB Nitro 3D 4M machine.  The
>sound is horribly corrupted while running with any level of 3D
>acceleration, in any resolution.  It looks like this is a video bug in FS98
>because:
>1. It only happens in 3D
>and
>2. It does not happen in other Direct-X 5.0 3D accelerated games
>(Monster-Truck Madness, POD, etc.).
>and
>3. There are no conflicts, problems, errors, etc. in my machine's
>configuration.
>and
>4. There are numerous posts on this newsgroup concerning this issue.

>Hope this helps,

>Brian

>> Has anyone had experience with the Ensoniq Audio PCI with
>> FS98??  How good is its joystick port??  Is there any audio
>> garble similar to that heard with Soundblaster cards w/FS98??

>> --

Ensoniq Audio PCI??

Post by Bob Cardo » Sun, 09 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Whoops, have to add this to my growing list of cards that produce bad
sound with FS98. I think this list now  includes just about every 3D
card on the market except the new ELSA card.

Bob Cardone

>I also have a STB Nitro 3D 4M and Ensoniq AudioPCI on a Pionex Pentium 200
>machine with 64M RAM.  I also have incredibly bad sound under FS98, and have
>no problems whatsoever with any other D3D apps.  Trying OEM drivers for the
>same hardware did not improve things.

>Microsoft can fix this or buy my copy back, as far as I'm concerned.

>>I have this card on a Gateway P6-233, 32 Meg, STB Nitro 3D 4M machine.  The
>>sound is horribly corrupted while running with any level of 3D
>>acceleration, in any resolution.  It looks like this is a video bug in FS98
>>because:
>>1. It only happens in 3D
>>and
>>2. It does not happen in other Direct-X 5.0 3D accelerated games
>>(Monster-Truck Madness, POD, etc.).
>>and
>>3. There are no conflicts, problems, errors, etc. in my machine's
>>configuration.
>>and
>>4. There are numerous posts on this newsgroup concerning this issue.

>>Hope this helps,

>>Brian

>>> Has anyone had experience with the Ensoniq Audio PCI with
>>> FS98??  How good is its joystick port??  Is there any audio
>>> garble similar to that heard with Soundblaster cards w/FS98??

>>> --

1. Anybody gotten Ensoniq PCI audio to work with OS4.2?

I have an A-Trend Harmony 3DS751 audiocard, which
is based on an ENSONIQ ES137x AUDIOPCI chip. It
is supposed to use some trick to emulate a SoundBlaster
ISA card, but I have not been able to get OS4.2 to
recognize the card. (The PnPDump utility shows nothing
at all.) Anybody gotten such a thing to work?

tim van zandt

2. Control App using serial comm

3. creative labs Ensoniq PCI thumping sound

4. CR-583 Driver

5. SB 16 PCI and SB128 PCI Audio driver on QNX4

6. Looking for a good B757 for FS98

7. Mac G4 : M-Audio Audiophile 2496 PCI Card Power Down Trouble

8. SIMM sockets on GVP accelerators

9. Audio driver for SB PCI

10. Audio with pci cards?

11. Audio and SB16 PCI