Games, games, games

Post by Tommy Mathi » Sun, 19 Mar 2000 04:00:00

My grandson and I are building a * machine and will have
civilian and military flight sims, auto racing games and such.  Does
anybody know if there is a way to use flight yokes with the civilian
flight sims, a joystick with the military sims, a steering wheel with
the auto racing, and he would like to use a game pad with a
motorcycle game he has.

Would like to be able to switch from one I/O gadget to another
without major surgery.  A switch or something.

Would appreciate any ideas, suggestions, etc.

tia

Games, games, games

Post by Terry Tyl » Mon, 20 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Tommy

Quickshot produce the "J-Link Turbo" -  this is the spec:

1.Connects up to four joysticks (Flight Yokes, Joypads, Yokes,
Steering wheels etc.) to one computer.
2. Allows quick access to all your joysticks
3. Four Unlimited Step Turbo Control selectors
4.Independent Turbo ON/OFF Function
5. Five position joystick selector.
6. Includes a 2-plyer mode
7.Active j/stick LED indicator
8. Full function at joystick 1 connector
9. 4-foot cable
10. works with IBM/compatible PCs.

HTH

Terry

Quote:>My grandson and I are building a * machine and will have
>civilian and military flight sims, auto racing games and such.  Does
>anybody know if there is a way to use flight yokes with the civilian
>flight sims, a joystick with the military sims, a steering wheel with
>the auto racing, and he would like to use a game pad with a
>motorcycle game he has.

>Would like to be able to switch from one I/O gadget to another
>without major surgery.  A switch or something.

>Would appreciate any ideas, suggestions, etc.

>tia

Games, games, games

Post by Brett I. Holcom » Mon, 20 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Does it handle digital sticks?  In the past one problem with switch boxes is
that they wouldn't do digital sticks.  Do you have a web address for
Quickshot?  Thanks.

--
Brett I. Holcomb

Microsoft MVP
AKA Grunt<><
Remove R777 to reply

> Tommy

> Quickshot produce the "J-Link Turbo" -  this is the spec:

> 1.Connects up to four joysticks (Flight Yokes, Joypads, Yokes,
> Steering wheels etc.) to one computer.
> 2. Allows quick access to all your joysticks
> 3. Four Unlimited Step Turbo Control selectors
> 4.Independent Turbo ON/OFF Function
> 5. Five position joystick selector.
> 6. Includes a 2-plyer mode
> 7.Active j/stick LED indicator
> 8. Full function at joystick 1 connector
> 9. 4-foot cable
> 10. works with IBM/compatible PCs.

> HTH

> Terry

> >My grandson and I are building a * machine and will have
> >civilian and military flight sims, auto racing games and such.  Does
> >anybody know if there is a way to use flight yokes with the civilian
> >flight sims, a joystick with the military sims, a steering wheel with
> >the auto racing, and he would like to use a game pad with a
> >motorcycle game he has.

> >Would like to be able to switch from one I/O gadget to another
> >without major surgery.  A switch or something.

> >Would appreciate any ideas, suggestions, etc.

> >tia

Games, games, games

Post by Terry Tyl » Mon, 20 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hi Brett,

Nope, Sorry!

All I have is the address, which is:

        Quickshot Technology Inc.,
        950 Yosemite Drive,
        Milpitas,
        California 95035

I can't imagine they wouldn't have a web address - perhaps a search on
'Quickshot' or some such would turn them up?

Best wishes,

Terry

On Sun, 19 Mar 2000 11:14:20 -0600, "Brett I. Holcomb"

>Does it handle digital sticks?  In the past one problem with switch boxes is
>that they wouldn't do digital sticks.  Do you have a web address for
>Quickshot?  Thanks.

>--
>Brett I. Holcomb

>Microsoft MVP
>AKA Grunt<><
>Remove R777 to reply

Games, games, games

Post by Brett I. Holcom » Mon, 20 Mar 2000 04:00:00

They are not the ones who did the QuickShot panel are they?

--
Brett I. Holcomb

Microsoft MVP
AKA Grunt<><
Remove R777 to reply

> Hi Brett,

> Nope, Sorry!

> All I have is the address, which is:

> Quickshot Technology Inc.,
> 950 Yosemite Drive,
> Milpitas,
> California 95035

> I can't imagine they wouldn't have a web address - perhaps a search on
> 'Quickshot' or some such would turn them up?

> Best wishes,

> Terry

> On Sun, 19 Mar 2000 11:14:20 -0600, "Brett I. Holcomb"

> >Does it handle digital sticks?  In the past one problem with switch boxes
is
> >that they wouldn't do digital sticks.  Do you have a web address for
> >Quickshot?  Thanks.

> >--
> >Brett I. Holcomb

> >Microsoft MVP
> >AKA Grunt<><
> >Remove R777 to reply

Games, games, games

Post by Terry Tyl » Tue, 21 Mar 2000 04:00:00

If by the 'Panel' you mean the 'Masterpilot'? - they certainly are.  I
have this add-on and have programmed it for FS98/2K - worth it's
weight in gold when I'm panicking at DH!!   I also have the Saitek
Panel, but it's nowhere near as useful and easy to use as the
Masterpilot.

Terry

On Sun, 19 Mar 2000 13:38:32 -0600, "Brett I. Holcomb"