What system does it take to run FS2000 with all options on?

What system does it take to run FS2000 with all options on?

Post by freshpi » Fri, 03 Dec 1999 04:00:00

What system did MS use when it developed FS2000.  Were they ever able to run
the program with all the bells and whistles running?  What system will it
take to run the program with all the options on and still get 15fps?

What system does it take to run FS2000 with all options on?

Post by Spie » Fri, 03 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I'm running it on a P3 Dell 500 with 128 m of ram and a Rage type video card
with 16 MB or ram.

Suggest a Cray Supercomputer though as some real weather program is used.

The irony in all of this is that the first digital computer, ENIAC, was
built by John Maukley/Presper Eckart so Maukley could play with weather
prediction algorithims.

--
At the speed of light or even faster

Quote:> What system did MS use when it developed FS2000.  Were they ever able to
run
> the program with all the bells and whistles running?  What system will it
> take to run the program with all the options on and still get 15fps?

What system does it take to run FS2000 with all options on?

Post by Jan R Konstman » Sat, 04 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

15fps is still too slow. Movies have 24fps. I want to be a movie star in my own
movie!!! Give me the "patch" or a futuristic computer. NOW!

Jan

> What system did MS use when it developed FS2000.  Were they ever able to run
> the program with all the bells and whistles running?  What system will it
> take to run the program with all the options on and still get 15fps?

1. How to run a script from PDF which takes a command-line option?

I'm working in a UNIX environment, using the HP-UX version of Acrobat
Exchange.

Is there a way to create a link in a PDF file which will run a script
that takes a command-line option?

For example, I have a script called "disp_man" which will take the name
of a man page as an argument and display that man page in an X window.
However, Exchange will only let me create the link as

        /path/to/script/disp_man

and not

        /path/to/script/disp_man manpage

I tried using single and double quotes around the whole string and just
around "manpage", but it didn't like any of those. I know I could hardcode
the manpage into the script, but I'm looking for a universal method that
could be used for any manpage.

Thanks.

Bruce

 | Bruce Hauge                                                      |

 | Integrated Circuits Business Division    PHONE: (541) 715-2675   |
 | 1000 NE Circle Blvd., MS: 133A           FAX: (541) 715-2145     |
 | Corvallis, OR  97330                                             |

2. BCS NOOPS - Talk: UML models for Re-use - Newcastle/Tyne - 28/1/99

3. Lotus 123 3.4 (DOS) takes 35 sek to load,why????

4. triangle wave or sinusoidal wave?

5. cgi script that takes in data then runs script on different host

6. WAN Switching

7. New FAQ 35: Analyze Timescaled Data Takes a Long Time to Run or Never Finishes

8. odd SIMM???

9. HELP!!! DOS VIDEO IN NDO TOOK A HIKE!!

10. To Anyone Taking/Took SQL 7 Design....

11. Does FS2000 run on Windows 2000 Professional?

12. BMP error while running FS2000 pro!