1. Color Mgmt: Color Blind Matchbox, Color Sync, ColorReady
Hi Everybody, I recently attended an Apple sponsored free seminar on
ColorSync 2.6 for MacOS 8.5.1 See
http://www.seminars.apple.com/series/indexnational.html if there is one near
you. It was presented by Dave Hunter, Pilot Mktg,
http://www.pilotmarketing.com. He also has a GATF sponsored 3 day workshop
for $1K, Implementing Color Management, in Pittsburg, PA,
http://www.gatf.org in file tr-02.pdf .
He will have smaller demo at the upcoming Midwest Graphics show, May 20-22
at the Minneapolis Convention Center, http://www.gasc.org. $5 prereg
(Strictly Business Computer Expo is May 26-27,
http://www.strictly-business.net , Apple is to have the biggest booth in the
Most of his time was focused on using the newly released Imaging Tech /
Color Soln's ColorBlind Matchbox. It was bundled with a cool colorimeter by
ColorSavvy. See at
http://www.colorsavvy.com Product ColorMouseToo! colorimeter
Most significant was bundling software and hardware, $1K list, which may
make it mass-market for Graphic Designers. Has anyone tried this or their
higher end product Parachute?
He went into the details on using it for printers and scanners color
correction profiles. Also showed what was necessary for ColorSync setups for
Photoshop 5.0.2 and Quark 4.0.4. Went over Acrobat 4, Illustrator 7, and
Pantone ColorReady setups too.
The interesting seminar did show that Color Management for scanners,
monitors, and printers has become more repeatable, easier to do and
maintain, and now more affordable.
Pantone's new product, ColorReady v1.0, probably replaces the legacy
ColorDrive v1.5.3 . They have a free download at their website,
http://www.pantone.com, which of course didn't download. Luckily they had a
free CD order, and the manual did download. What irks me is that ColorDrive
is now a dead product and Pantone does not have any upgrade path to
2. IDbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet) trouble
3. Poor Color with Kodak Color Neg Portra NC with Vuescan
4. Creating a property sheet in a Control Panel app in Windows XP
5. VueScan color profiler misses columns 20,21 & 22 of Wolf Faust color it8
6. PaperPort Deluxe 4.0 under NT 4.0 - how?
7. Color tab settings for color slide film
8. How bad can a phone line be ? -- Correction
9. Vuescan / Color Space and Color Management
10. losing colors when i scan color curves
11. Which UMAX scanner has a colour calibration system or colour matching
12. Color correction in a natural "language of colour"
13. New technology: color correction in a natural language of colour