Disturbt colors

Post by Kees » Tue, 08 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I have FS98 and a matrox millenium G200 8 MB videocard. My system is a
PII 300 with Gigabyte mtherboard and 64MB memory.
In FS 98 i often have disturbt colors on many textures on the
buildings, on the ground and on the planes. These colors do have all
the colors of a rainbow.

Does somebody know this problem. And more important, does somebody
know how to fix it?

Many thanks in advance,
Kees S
The Netherlands

Disturbt colors

Post by Allen Lavign » Wed, 09 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I temporarily fix this by going to view, clicking out the instrument panel
then back in again. It clears the jammed rainbow. This may or may not work
with your particular problem.

> I have FS98 and a matrox millenium G200 8 MB videocard. My system is a
> PII 300 with Gigabyte mtherboard and 64MB memory.
> In FS 98 i often have disturbt colors on many textures on the
> buildings, on the ground and on the planes. These colors do have all
> the colors of a rainbow.

> Does somebody know this problem. And more important, does somebody
> know how to fix it?

> Many thanks in advance,
> Kees S
> The Netherlands

Disturbt colors

Post by Kees » Wed, 09 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Indeed, that is a solution, but it is one for very short time. I do
often switch between full screen and window screen. Then the 'rainbow'
colors are away for a few minutes bur they come back soon.

I am searching for a defenite fix.

Allen do you also use the Matrox Millenium G200 videocard?

Kees S

>I temporarily fix this by going to view, clicking out the instrument panel
>then back in again. It clears the jammed rainbow. This may or may not work
>with your particular problem.

>> I have FS98 and a matrox millenium G200 8 MB videocard. My system is a
>> PII 300 with Gigabyte mtherboard and 64MB memory.
>> In FS 98 i often have disturbt colors on many textures on the
>> buildings, on the ground and on the planes. These colors do have all
>> the colors of a rainbow.

>> Does somebody know this problem. And more important, does somebody
>> know how to fix it?

>> Many thanks in advance,
>> Kees S
>> The Netherlands

Disturbt colors

Post by Allen Lavign » Thu, 10 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I do not have that video card, but a cheap one. I stay away from fullscreen,
just hiding the menu bar is enough (right ckick on the view section) for me
now, it leaves a small strip of blue at the top and the menu bar is accessable
fast enough as I wish.
By fullscreen I mean the "alt-enter" one, not the minimize/maximize one. By
staying away from the fullscreen option I have no more freeky/ugly rainbows,
and I find it is OK with just hiding the menu bar.
Other than that I do not know.

Allen

> Indeed, that is a solution, but it is one for very short time. I do
> often switch between full screen and window screen. Then the 'rainbow'
> colors are away for a few minutes bur they come back soon.

> I am searching for a defenite fix.

> Allen do you also use the Matrox Millenium G200 videocard?

> Kees S

Disturbt colors

Post by Kees » Thu, 10 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I didn't know that possibility i will try it myself, thx for your
reply,

Kees S

Quote:>I do not have that video card, but a cheap one. I stay away from fullscreen,
>just hiding the menu bar is enough (right ckick on the view section) for me
>now, it leaves a small strip of blue at the top and the menu bar is accessable
>fast enough as I wish.
>By fullscreen I mean the "alt-enter" one, not the minimize/maximize one. By
>staying away from the fullscreen option I have no more freeky/ugly rainbows,
>and I find it is OK with just hiding the menu bar.
>Other than that I do not know.

Disturbt colors

Post by terry.. » Fri, 11 Jun 1999 04:00:00

This is really for 'Kees S'....

If you have a G200, make sure that you have the card's own Bus
Mastering disabled - otherwise it conflicts with the motherboard's BM
and you'll experience video distortions.

HTH

Terry

>I do not have that video card, but a cheap one. I stay away from fullscreen,
>just hiding the menu bar is enough (right ckick on the view section) for me
>now, it leaves a small strip of blue at the top and the menu bar is accessable
>fast enough as I wish.
>By fullscreen I mean the "alt-enter" one, not the minimize/maximize one. By
>staying away from the fullscreen option I have no more freeky/ugly rainbows,
>and I find it is OK with just hiding the menu bar.
>Other than that I do not know.

>Allen

>> Indeed, that is a solution, but it is one for very short time. I do
>> often switch between full screen and window screen. Then the 'rainbow'
>> colors are away for a few minutes bur they come back soon.

>> I am searching for a defenite fix.

>> Allen do you also use the Matrox Millenium G200 videocard?

>> Kees S

Disturbt colors

Post by Kees » Fri, 11 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hi Terry,

Can you tell me how i have to disable that busmastering on my G200?

Thx in advance,
Kees S.

>This is really for 'Kees S'....

>If you have a G200, make sure that you have the card's own Bus
>Mastering disabled - otherwise it conflicts with the motherboard's BM
>and you'll experience video distortions.

>HTH

>Terry

Disturbt colors

Post by terry.. » Sat, 12 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Kees,

you need the extra registry files from Matrox - in these you'll find a
file named 'showmeall' which, when installed (with a simple double
click on it) will reveal all Matrox's 'hidden files' in your Display
Properties/Advanced/settings page.
Among the new files (font coloured Red), you'll see a check box
labelled 'Bus Mastering'.  Make sure the box is unchecked.

If you can't find the files you need at Big M's website, give me a
call via Email.

HTH!

Terry

>Hi Terry,

>Can you tell me how i have to disable that busmastering on my G200?

>Thx in advance,
>Kees S.

>>This is really for 'Kees S'....

>>If you have a G200, make sure that you have the card's own Bus
>>Mastering disabled - otherwise it conflicts with the motherboard's BM
>>and you'll experience video distortions.

>>HTH

>>Terry

Disturbt colors

Post by Kees » Sun, 13 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Thx,

I will go and have a look,

Kees S

>Kees,

>you need the extra registry files from Matrox - in these you'll find a
>file named 'showmeall' which, when installed (with a simple double
>click on it) will reveal all Matrox's 'hidden files' in your Display
>Properties/Advanced/settings page.
>Among the new files (font coloured Red), you'll see a check box
>labelled 'Bus Mastering'.  Make sure the box is unchecked.

>If you can't find the files you need at Big M's website, give me a
>call via Email.

>HTH!

>Terry

1. Color Mgmt: Color Blind Matchbox, Color Sync, ColorReady

Hi Everybody, I recently attended an Apple sponsored free seminar on
ColorSync 2.6 for MacOS 8.5.1 See
http://www.seminars.apple.com/series/indexnational.html if there is one near
you. It was presented by Dave Hunter, Pilot Mktg,
http://www.pilotmarketing.com. He also has a GATF sponsored 3 day workshop
for $1K, Implementing Color Management, in Pittsburg, PA,
http://www.gatf.org in file tr-02.pdf .

He will have smaller demo at the upcoming Midwest Graphics show, May 20-22
at the Minneapolis Convention Center, http://www.gasc.org. $5 prereg
(Strictly Business Computer Expo is May 26-27,
http://www.strictly-business.net , Apple is to have the biggest booth in the
house).

Most of his time was focused on using the newly released Imaging Tech /
Color Soln's ColorBlind Matchbox. It was bundled with a cool colorimeter by
ColorSavvy. See at

http://www.color.com/Products/matchbox.html
http://www.colorsavvy.com  Product ColorMouseToo! colorimeter

Most significant was bundling software and hardware, $1K list, which may
make it mass-market for Graphic Designers. Has anyone tried this or their
higher end product Parachute?

He went into the details on using it for printers and scanners color
correction profiles. Also showed what was necessary for ColorSync setups for
Photoshop 5.0.2 and Quark 4.0.4. Went over Acrobat 4, Illustrator 7, and
Pantone ColorReady setups too.

The interesting seminar did show that Color Management for scanners,
monitors, and printers has become more repeatable, easier to do and
maintain, and now more affordable.

Pantone's new product, ColorReady v1.0, probably replaces the legacy
ColorDrive v1.5.3 . They have a free download at their website,
http://www.pantone.com, which of course didn't download. Luckily they had a
free CD order, and the manual did download. What irks me is that ColorDrive
is now a dead product and Pantone does not have any upgrade path to
ColorReady.

2. IDbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet) trouble

3. Poor Color with Kodak Color Neg Portra NC with Vuescan

4. Creating a property sheet in a Control Panel app in Windows XP

5. VueScan color profiler misses columns 20,21 & 22 of Wolf Faust color it8

6. PaperPort Deluxe 4.0 under NT 4.0 - how?

7. Color tab settings for color slide film

8. How bad can a phone line be ? -- Correction

9. Vuescan / Color Space and Color Management

10. losing colors when i scan color curves

11. Which UMAX scanner has a colour calibration system or colour matching

12. Color correction in a natural "language of colour"

13. New technology: color correction in a natural language of colour