Installation Flight Simulator 98

Post by Jack Whit » Mon, 29 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I have just installed Flight Simulator for the second time at about 10
hours at a crack only to receive a messages that the visusl displays of the
different aircraft cannot be displayed. My system adequately meets the
system rqiurements listed and I did not have any problems in actually
that was normal.Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Jack White

Installation Flight Simulator 98

Post by Brett I. Holcom » Mon, 29 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Sounds like something's badly corrupted.  It doesn't take 10 hours to
install FS98.  I assume you haven't added any additional a/c because if you
have and something is not right with their texture files you'll get that
message.

I'd recommend uninstalling - make sure you use the control panel/add remove
programs function.  Select FS98 and uninstall it.  If you don't use this
things will get messed up.  Then delete the directories FS98 is in - all of
them.  Then under my computer bring up the properties/tools on the fS98
drivef an check the disk.  If it finds problems let it fix them, then
shutdown and reboot.

After all that reinstall FS98.

>I have just installed Flight Simulator for the second time at about 10
>hours at a crack only to receive a messages that the visusl displays of the
>different aircraft cannot be displayed. My system adequately meets the
>system rqiurements listed and I did not have any problems in actually
>that was normal.Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

>Jack White

Installation Flight Simulator 98

Post by Sind » Mon, 29 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Hi Jack,

Are you talking about the aircraft that come with FS98 here or 3rd
party aircraft? If the latter, remember that you have to run those
aircraft thru a converter first. You can download this converter from
Microsoft's Flight Simulator website.
What took 10 hours? Program loading? If so, you somewhere along the
line do have a serious problem....are you loading any realmode drivers
thru your config.sys/autoexec.bat? What is your system's
configuration?

Sindar MS_MVP

Post by Fner » Tue, 30 Dec 1997 04:00:00

> I have just installed Flight Simulator for the second time at about 10
> hours at a crack only to receive a messages that the visusl displays of the
> different aircraft cannot be displayed. My system adequately meets the
> system rqiurements listed and I did not have any problems in actually
> that was normal.Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

> Jack White

DEFINATELY not normal mate, but short of knowing some more details like
your system spec it would be difficult to say what the problem was. It
installed on my system in about 10 mins, not 10 hours !! (P166MMX, 48MB
RAM, 2.0 GB HDD). Post the details of your PC and someone may be able to
help more

1. Flight Simulator 98 Installation

go to http://www.avsim.com  and under FS98 they have some fixes and
that one is listed there.
             Bob Cardone

Most Crashes are caused by Pilot Error

                (*)
     ************************
         (*)           (*)

2. additional IP ADDR on LAN IF

3. Flight Simulator 98 and Windows 98 Beta 3

4. Help - Nikon LS2000

5. microsoft flight simulator 98 as real as it gets

6. Good price for Mobilon?

7. Flight Simulator 98 on Windows 2000

8. lu files platform independent?

9. Flight Simulator 98

10. FS 2000 or Flight Simulator 98?

11. Flight simulator 98

12. Flight Simulator 98 panel: Changing the number of flap positions