Upgrading

Post by Philip Bower » Wed, 05 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I have FS 2000 and wish I had gotten FS2000 Pro. Can I upgrade or do I have
to start over and buy FS 2000 Pro?

Upgrading

Post by Brett I. Holcom » Wed, 05 Jul 2000 04:00:00

As far as I know there is no upgrade - you have to buy FS2000 Pro.

--
Brett I. Holcomb

Microsoft MVP
AKA Grunt<><
Remove R777 to reply

Quote:> I have FS 2000 and wish I had gotten FS2000 Pro. Can I upgrade or do I
have
> to start over and buy FS 2000 Pro?

Upgrading

Post by Roberts Famil » Thu, 06 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Haven't you learned your lesson when dealing w/Bill Gates yet?  You'll
need to buy the new one also.  If you like, since my computer doesn't
work very well with it (450 AMD processor), I'll sell it to you.  E-mail
me if you interested in doing business.  I'm not a rip off or anything,
it just sits on my shelf until when I finally get a new computer in 18
months, at which time, FS2002 will be out.

William J. Roberts

> I have FS 2000 and wish I had gotten FS2000 Pro. Can I upgrade or do I have
> to start over and buy FS 2000 Pro?

Upgrading

Post by dc » Thu, 06 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I've got the pro version but apart from a few extra aircraft (better
examples of which are available on the internet,no doubt, a few "improved"
sounds and some tiny charts it is basically the same sim. It was probably
worthwhile getting the pro version in the first place but I wouldn't waste
your money now.
             Derek

> Haven't you learned your lesson when dealing w/Bill Gates yet?  You'll
> need to buy the new one also.  If you like, since my computer doesn't
> work very well with it (450 AMD processor), I'll sell it to you.  E-mail
> me if you interested in doing business.  I'm not a rip off or anything,
> it just sits on my shelf until when I finally get a new computer in 18
> months, at which time, FS2002 will be out.

> William J. Roberts

> > I have FS 2000 and wish I had gotten FS2000 Pro. Can I upgrade or do I
have
> > to start over and buy FS 2000 Pro?

Upgrading

Post by Chuck Schneide » Thu, 06 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Unless of course he wants to fly A/C with a turbo prop model or use a 3rd
party panel that wants to use the "pro guages"......

> I've got the pro version but apart from a few extra aircraft (better
> examples of which are available on the internet,no doubt, a few "improved"
> sounds and some tiny charts it is basically the same sim. It was probably
> worthwhile getting the pro version in the first place but I wouldn't waste
> your money now.
>              Derek

> > Haven't you learned your lesson when dealing w/Bill Gates yet?  You'll
> > need to buy the new one also.  If you like, since my computer doesn't
> > work very well with it (450 AMD processor), I'll sell it to you.  E-mail
> > me if you interested in doing business.  I'm not a rip off or anything,
> > it just sits on my shelf until when I finally get a new computer in 18
> > months, at which time, FS2002 will be out.

> > William J. Roberts

> > > I have FS 2000 and wish I had gotten FS2000 Pro. Can I upgrade or do I
> have
> > > to start over and buy FS 2000 Pro?

Upgrading

Post by dc » Fri, 07 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Now that some decent panels are being produced for FS2000 not so many of the
original gauges will be necessary.
                           Derek

Quote:

> Unless of course he wants to fly A/C with a turbo prop model or use a 3rd
> party panel that wants to use the "pro guages"......

Upgrading

Post by Walt Bertra » Fri, 07 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I have seen some decent panels for FS2000, but few, if any, gauges for
FS2000.  Most panels use either the stock FS2000 gauges or gauges made
for FS98 or made using the FS98 SDK.

And there are many FS98 based gauges that will not work in FS2000 or
with the turbocharged and turboprop models of FS2000 Pro.

Walt

> Now that some decent panels are being produced for FS2000 not so many of the
> original gauges will be necessary.
>                            Derek

> > Unless of course he wants to fly A/C with a turbo prop model or use a 3rd
> > party panel that wants to use the "pro guages"......

Upgrading

Post by Brett I. Holcom » Fri, 07 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Yes, most panel designers use the gauges supplied with FS2000.

--
Brett I. Holcomb

Microsoft MVP
AKA Grunt<><
Remove R777 to reply

> I have seen some decent panels for FS2000, but few, if any, gauges for
> FS2000.  Most panels use either the stock FS2000 gauges or gauges made
> for FS98 or made using the FS98 SDK.

> And there are many FS98 based gauges that will not work in FS2000 or
> with the turbocharged and turboprop models of FS2000 Pro.

> Walt

> > Now that some decent panels are being produced for FS2000 not so many of
the
> > original gauges will be necessary.
> >                            Derek

> > > Unless of course he wants to fly A/C with a turbo prop model or use a
3rd
> > > party panel that wants to use the "pro guages"......

Upgrading

Post by Philip Bower » Mon, 10 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Thank you all for the info. I guess I'll stick with FS2000. I do have one
other question. For sentimental reasons, I'd like to add the more detailed
Seattle scenery that's supposed to be in the Pro edition. Is this possible,
even for someone with my limited experience?

Upgrading

Post by Dr. Tu Y » Sun, 30 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I would check MicroWings and Flight Sim download sites for Seattle scenery
before buying FS2k Pro when I have FS2k.  Spend that money on something
else.   CompuServe has an excellent forum that contained very good scenery,
planes and adventures for Flight Simulator.

Quote:

> Thank you all for the info. I guess I'll stick with FS2000. I do have one
> other question. For sentimental reasons, I'd like to add the more detailed
> Seattle scenery that's supposed to be in the Pro edition. Is this
possible,
> even for someone with my limited experience?

1. To upgrade or not to upgrade ...

To upgrade or not to upgrade. That is the question.

Here is the output from my wrap/info plan9:

plan9 (full package as of Wed Jan 31 05:22:50 EST 2001)
pkg 964893367: Plan 9 from Bell Labs  Third Edition
pkgupd 971556349 updating 961264382: Plan 9 from Bell Labs  Third Edition
pkgupd 971810713 updating 971556349: Plan 9 from Bell Labs  Third Edition
pkgupd 980936570 updating 971556349: Plan 9 - wiki software

I know I have missed some upgrades lately but I noticed on
the list what I thought were some bugs with people that did
the upgrade.

Should I upgrade now or hold back? If I should, which
packages should I wrap/inst?

--
Bill                             William Staniewicz
                                 Amsterdam, NL

2. Thanks for help!

3. Upgrade to Project 2000 now and upgrade to 2002 for free?

4. Datebase connection problem

5. FATAL 1.6.24b (PC) Upgrade error, upgrade aborted!

6. ASCII-Output File Compressor

7. office upgrade fear: upgrade affect MSN-8?

8. Taking a dump (LaTeX that is)

9. RAM Upgrade...Need to upgrade BIOS???

10. Help/advice needed on upgrading to SMP... what CPUs, upgrading NT4, etc

11. To upgrade or not to upgrade ? That is the question.

12. Upgrade from emacs 19.28/GNUS 4.1? Upgrade to what?

13. Visio Upgrade... Does MS Office 2000 Pro count as an Upgrade?