Train Sim - Editors etc. won't run - advice?

Train Sim - Editors etc. won't run - advice?

Post by John Fryat » Sun, 30 Sep 2001 03:15:09

My computer is:
PII/400, 256Mb RAM, Matrox G200 and Voodoo2 graphics, SCSI disks and
CD etc.

Train Simulator works ok but when I try to load the 'Editors and
Tools' it just shows a blank, black window for a few seconds and then
stops. I did have to change to 16-bit colour to get that far. It
doesn't like 24-bit (as the main prog doesn't) but also didn't like
32-bit.

Any advice appreciated.

John

Post by Tom Gibso » Sun, 30 Sep 2001 04:27:23

> My computer is:
> PII/400, 256Mb RAM, Matrox G200 and Voodoo2 graphics, SCSI disks and
> CD etc.

> Train Simulator works ok but when I try to load the 'Editors and
> Tools' it just shows a blank, black window for a few seconds and then
> stops.

Are you in 1024x768 screen resolution or higher?

--
Tom Gibson

California Classic Propliners:    http://members.aol.com/TGFltsim/
Classic Airliner Page:  http://members.aol.com/TomGRR/

AlcoHauler Locomotive Page:  http://members.aol.com/AlcoHauler/home/alcohaul.html

Freeflight Design Shop:   http://www.freeflightdesign.com/

San Diego Model RR Museum:  http://www.sdmodelrailroadm.com/

Drop by!    ___x_x_(")_x_x___

1. Joystick won't work on Flt Sim 98 and Win NT

I have an old generic joystick.  But it won't work with Flight Simulator 98
using an Acer computer and Windows NT 4.0.  Although the computer is under
warranty, Acer won't help me.  Their restore CD doesn't list a joystick
driver.  The Control Panel doesn't show a game controller to configure.  And
the joystick does not have its own floppy device driver - it should use a
generic operating system driver.  I understand that NT is a "businsess"
operating system, but the computer has a game port and I should be able to

2. Reducing calls to the DOM?

3. Homseer won't turn on B1, C1, etc etc

4. Movie overlay OSD

5. Train sim route editor ...

6. Bratwurst where ?

7. Train Sim does not run on WinMe?

8. Help w/La Cie 1.2GB ZFP Drive

9. Train Sim Editor & Tools wont open!!

10. Train Sim - Train Set Problems

11. Train Sim. Question - Can't leave stations

12. Train Sim Minimum Req's

13. Tape drive won't work, Scanner won' work Win 95