Enroute charts?

Post by Reid10 » Wed, 09 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Anyone know where one can get enroute (low and high alt.) charts cheap? I think
I am going to buy Simplates by Dauntless instead of Jeppesen b/c of cost.
However, Jeppesen does offer the combo packages which have enroute charts as
well. But then again these are $40 and to get the lower 48 US you have to buy 3
sets...$120!!!! Not on my budget.

Enroute charts?

Post by dckan » Wed, 09 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I bought a set of (expired) DOD Flip (Dept. of Defense Flight Information
Publications) from a company called TNT Enterprises in Hawaii.  This is what
I'm used to using and it's every bit as good, if not better than Jeppesen.
Here's a link to their web site:  http://www.veryComputer.com/; While I
think they get ~$12 for the charts, you have to add shipping.  I paid $40
for a full set of  IFR low altitude charts, area charts, 12 volumes of
approach plates, 3 vol. of SID's and STAR's, and IFR Supplement (facilities
services directory) and they threw in a few extras.  I can fly anyplace in
the continental US, VFR or IFR (in a simulator) with this stuff.  I was very
satisfied dealing with the company, however, next time I order (I need the
rest of the world) I will pay to ship first class.  Transit time from ship
date to delivery via USPS moving on book rates was six weeks during the
Christmas holiday.  When you have places to go and things to see and you're
used to overnight delivery, 6 weeks is a long time.        ******This is not
and adverti*t.  I do not have anything to do with this company except
I'm a satisfied customer. Their product offers a lot of value (free with a
$20 rebate would be better).  I will do business with them again.  I haven't
seen anything about them on this site or any other except an old post on the
CFS news group.******
Have fun.

Quote:> Anyone know where one can get enroute (low and high alt.) charts cheap? I
think
> I am going to buy Simplates by Dauntless instead of Jeppesen b/c of cost.
> However, Jeppesen does offer the combo packages which have enroute charts
as
> well. But then again these are $40 and to get the lower 48 US you have to
buy 3
> sets...$120!!!! Not on my budget.

Enroute charts?

Post by Reid10 » Wed, 09 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Thanks for the link, dckane. Looks like I can get everything I want, SIDS,
STARS, FLIPS, and low and high alt. enroute charts for $50 including
shipping!!! And they are all on paper so I don't even have to mess with
software or printing them out. This is the way to go. Said regular shipping
will take 3-6 weeks, but that's ok. Time I have...money...well...the wife says
we need a new couch before anything...

In case you haven't seen it they are running a special on the Europe/Africa/Mid
East flips and charts. All for $20.

Again thanks for the link.

Reid

Enroute charts?

Post by Richard Smit » Wed, 09 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>Time I have...money...well...the wife says
>we need a new couch before anything...

I am glad I am not the only one in this situation. Maybe we should start a
club !

Richard.

Enroute charts?

Post by Sean Blae » Fri, 11 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Be glad they you don't have to get new ones every 6 weeks when they
expire... :)

Quote:> Anyone know where one can get enroute (low and high alt.) charts cheap? I
think
> I am going to buy Simplates by Dauntless instead of Jeppesen b/c of cost.
> However, Jeppesen does offer the combo packages which have enroute charts
as
> well. But then again these are $40 and to get the lower 48 US you have to
buy 3
> sets...$120!!!! Not on my budget.

Enroute charts?

Post by VBed » Sat, 12 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>Be glad they you don't have to get new ones every 6 weeks when they
>expire... :)

Precisely why I will never fly myself. I am way too cheap. Flight sims are fine
for me.

Enroute charts?

Post by Ed Medli » Sat, 12 Feb 2000 04:00:00

You can sign me up........:-)

--

Regards,
Ed Medlin

Nor-East Express/President-CEO
http://fly.to/Nor-East
simFlight Network Affiliates Program Supervisor
www.simflight.com