trying to convert old fs coordinate system to long/lat

trying to convert old fs coordinate system to long/lat

Post by john dekke » Sun, 13 Jul 1997 04:00:00

does anyone remember how to do this? for instance
DFW 1971.95 5821.68 to
DFW N032 51.95 W097 01.68.

John Dekker

trying to convert old fs coordinate system to long/lat

Post by Sind » Mon, 14 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Hi John,

In FS5.x and later you can hit Ctrl-Z (a couple of times) to get a
display of both Lat/Long coordinates as well as the 'old' FS
coordinates.

Sindar MS_MVP

On Sat, 12 Jul 1997 20:29:57 -0700, "john dekker"

>does anyone remember how to do this? for instance
>DFW 1971.95 5821.68 to
>DFW N032 51.95 W097 01.68.

>John Dekker

trying to convert old fs coordinate system to long/lat

Post by john dekke » Mon, 14 Jul 1997 04:00:00

thanks for your quick response.

I knew about the ctrl-z ability

i'm looking for some mathematical equations to do some conversions in a
database. unfortunately, the data is in the new format, and I want to
convert to GPS format

any ideas?

> Hi John,

> In FS5.x and later you can hit Ctrl-Z (a couple of times) to get a
> display of both Lat/Long coordinates as well as the 'old' FS
> coordinates.

> Sindar MS_MVP

> On Sat, 12 Jul 1997 20:29:57 -0700, "john dekker"

> >does anyone remember how to do this? for instance
> >DFW 1971.95 5821.68 to
> >DFW N032 51.95 W097 01.68.

> >John Dekker

1. Converting - nad-27 long lat to nad83 long lat

Hello To All:
    at my work we get a lot of USA tickets(under ground alert service)
in which we have to locate for our facilities. the tickets do have lat
long information as to the location of the activity.  Our GIS map is in
NAD83 zone california zone III.

I hope I can Find the following.....
-  An avenue code that takes the nad27 long lat and converts it   to
nad83 long lat
-  An avenue code that takes the nad83 cords and convert it to nothing
and easting.

2. SBS 4.5 Upgrade with Frontpage 2000

3. Lat/Long co-ordinates

4. gnumake.zip defectively zipped?

5. converting Lat/Long to UK Ordnance Survey National Grid Reference (NGR)

6. High Speed, Short Term: What's Best?

7. Lat Long convert to UTM

8. How Do I Get Dates on the X Axis?

9. Convert Long and lat to Lamberts

10. Convert Long And Lat

11. MapObjects2 - Converting Lambert Easting & Northings to Geo Lat/Long

12. Converting UTM user grid to Normal Lat Long.

13. Lat/Lon Co-ordinates