Localizer 1 or Localizer 2

Post by Dave Kel » Sun, 02 Feb 1997 04:00:00

I am using FS95, I was flying the 737 from Liverpool to London
Heathrow with a landing on Runway 9R. I had the Localizer set to
109.50 and  AP on and Approach hold on. I was on a heading of about
160,   17 miles from the airport, but when I intercepted the glide
slope, it turned me away from the runway..to a heading of appx 270

I realized this Runway has the same Localizer freq for Runway 9 and
27. I checked under navigation and it was set to auto select.. Well it
obviously selected wrong..How do I determine whether to use localizer
1 or Localizer 2 under these circumstances?  Is it based on compass
heading of the runway?.

Dave

Localizer 1 or Localizer 2

Post by jame » Mon, 03 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> I am using FS95, I was flying the 737 from Liverpool to London
> Heathrow with a landing on Runway 9R. I had the Localizer set to
> 109.50 and  AP on and Approach hold on. I was on a heading of about
> 160,   17 miles from the airport, but when I intercepted the glide
> slope, it turned me away from the runway..to a heading of appx 270

  Hi all.....if this is the same problem as with FS5.1,then the following
should help.

  Loc 1 always refers to the lower runway number,such as 09 and Loc 2 to
the higher runway number ,eg 27.So to use 09,choose Loc 1 manually. The ILS
setup always defaults to the "auto select ",and automatically selects the
lower runway number.

    Cheers.

Localizer 1 or Localizer 2

Post by Simon Gran » Tue, 04 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> I am using FS95, I was flying the 737 from Liverpool to London
> Heathrow with a landing on Runway 9R. I had the Localizer set to
> 109.50 and  AP on and Approach hold on. I was on a heading of about
> 160,   17 miles from the airport, but when I intercepted the glide
> slope, it turned me away from the runway..to a heading of appx 270

This is a known problem with FS 6 - there is a fix which you can get from
Microsoft.
--
Best Regards,

Simon Grant

1. How to interpret x,y,z of localizer images

I had someone in our group ask me this question, but I couldn't give him
a good answer.  Maybe someone who works with CT or other slice data can
answer it for me.

Part of the question is explaining to me what a cylindrical projection
is:

Imagine a volume positioned above a flat target.  A point source
emitting a flat fan-shaped beam moves above the volume in a line
perpendicular to the plane of the fan.  The resulting projection through
the volume onto the flat target is a cylindrical projection.  In fact
the target is curved (I think) and it is the volume which moves, not the
source.  But you get the idea.

Pixels in the localizer are the result of summing along rays in the
fan.  The result is that only z locations in the localizer correspond to
z locations in the volume.  x or y locations in the localizer (depending
on whether it is an AP or lateral localizer) cannot be attributed in a
simple fashion to x or y locations in the volume (that is, I assume, in
the CT slices).

So, assuming that the localizer and slices are defined using the same
DICOM frame of reference, how do we relate the x,y,z coordinates of the
localizer to those of the slices?  Are there any corrections that need
to be made to the pixel data if the pixels are not quite rectangular (or
uniform in size)?  Do all the CT vendors do this in a standard way, or
is this an exercise left to the reader?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Steve Moore (the Mallinckrodt one, not the other one)

Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology

2. bobstones

3. Localizer???Help me!!!!

4. Location of tray icon

5. Frame Of Reference in CT localizer

6. Fido and UUCP in the CSFR, Germany, and Switzerland

7. reference slice images in the localizer?

8. Odyssey.bin broke?

9. How to calculate CT image localizer line's position

10. Localizer in MR imges

11. Backwards Localizer at L.A.!

12. Localizers 1 or 2 - How do I choose which one.

13. Hartford RWY 02 Localizer