Uninstalling/reinstalling FS95

Post by G & L Boyc » Thu, 24 Apr 1997 04:00:00

I am thinking of reinstalling FS95 with less components to free up some
space on my hard drive.  Presently it is occupying almost 100 MB.. I don't
use the lessons at all so if I can reinstall without these I will.  What
other components are unnecessary and what should I back up before
uninstalling?  I have quite a few 3rd party panels and some add-on scenery
also.  Is there any real benefit to doing this?
Thanks for your advice.
Gary

Uninstalling/reinstalling FS95

Post by Sind » Fri, 25 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Hi Gary,

There is no need to reinstall FS95 to free up some diskspace. You can
just delete the files that are sitting in the Lessons subdirectory.
You won't gain much room there, though.
The items that do occupy a lot of diskspace are required for FS95,
such as textures. You may want to considder to remove a couple of
scenery areas that you don't use all that often.

Sindar MS_MVP

On Wed, 23 Apr 1997 19:59:32 -0600, "G & L Boyce"

>I am thinking of reinstalling FS95 with less components to free up some
>space on my hard drive.  Presently it is occupying almost 100 MB.. I don't
>use the lessons at all so if I can reinstall without these I will.  What
>other components are unnecessary and what should I back up before
>uninstalling?  I have quite a few 3rd party panels and some add-on scenery
>also.  Is there any real benefit to doing this?
>Thanks for your advice.
>Gary

1. Need help uninstalling and reinstalling msn software

    OK, here's the deal.
    I deleted a file I needed "msndc.exe".  I used dial up network to
download msn software (since it came on my computer and I don't have a
disk) but it is giving me an error message "msn failed to load FOLCOM.DLL.
When I called msn, they blamed it on my computer winsock file.  I extracted
the winsock file with the help of the Compaq tech, and did some other
stuff....  still getting the error.  He said I should probably totally
uninstall msn and then reinstall it.  So my question is:
    Do I uninstall Internet Explorer, Outlook Express, or what?  I can
download the new software from the net if I can still connect.... right now
I can.  For the moment I am just ignoring the error message, but I can not
access the email from msn home page.
    I am very tempted to just use the restore disk and rewrite my hard
drive, but thought I might wait and try the msn software disk first....but
wont know exactly what to uninstall when I do receive it in the mail.
    I hate to go to all that trouble of downloading the other program I put
on here (palm pilot address book etc), but will if I need to.
    Thanks in advance....  remove nospam to email me.......
Kathleen

2. driver for monitoring disk activity

3. How to uninstall, reinstall or update a NSE in program?

4. Looking for search program

5. uninstalling messenger from sound when i uninstall it all

6. Help with gcc and libraries

7. Inability to uninstall PGP 8.0 freeware or uninstall 8.0beta

8. Q: How to set up two different domains with the same IP address

9. Need help reinstalling Paperport, One-Touch software

10. Scanwizard 5.78 (microtek) stopped working and even a reinstall won't help!

11. Reinstalled windows;how to get paperport 7 recognized in registry?

12. Epson Perf 610 stopped working, can't reinstall

13. Reinstalling scanner after every reboot?!