Enroute charts

Post by Teo » Wed, 22 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Anybody knows where I could find some free scanned charts for use with FS98?
I basically need of the eastern portion of the United States and the
Caribbean. I usually fly routes between Panama and Florida so I would like
to fly it as real as it gets with jet routes and victor routes. Also, where
can I find all the vors and ndbs that form a Jet route? Thanks in advance,
Teo

Enroute charts

Post by DDT » Wed, 22 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hey Teo,

Qu pasa?  How's class?  Try downloading the new and improved NAV30.ZIP found at the IUP and other places.  It is by the original author of NAV18, Ted Wright.  He included route information in the archive, and NAV30 can display these.  (Email me for more info).

--
DDT
http://flightsimmers.net/ddt

| Anybody knows where I could find some free scanned charts for use with FS98?
| I basically need of the eastern portion of the United States and the
| Caribbean. I usually fly routes between Panama and Florida so I would like
| to fly it as real as it gets with jet routes and victor routes. Also, where
| can I find all the vors and ndbs that form a Jet route? Thanks in advance,
| Teo

Enroute charts

Post by Ronald Elliot » Thu, 23 Mar 2000 04:00:00

DDT:

I d/l'd and installed NAV30, but I had the problem that the program found
and displayed two (2) of every intersection on the planet, that I'm aware
of.  I wrote Mr. Wright, who prompty relied, but I could not and did not get
rid of the duplicates. Do you know of any suggestions? Does the fact that I
have and use FSNavigator have an effect? Are you familiar with FSNavigator,
and if so, have you any comparative judgements?

Enroute charts

Post by John Navar » Thu, 23 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Teo,

Try going to the local FBO (Fixed Base Operator) at the airport and ask them
for outdated ones.  Tell them that you will not be using them for real IFR
flight and that you are wanting to use them for flight simulation.  The
local FBO here had high and low altitude charts as well as the instrument
charts for virtually the entire US.

John

Get Paid to surf the internet!
http://www.alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=EYV031

Quote:> Anybody knows where I could find some free scanned charts for use with
FS98?
> I basically need of the eastern portion of the United States and the
> Caribbean. I usually fly routes between Panama and Florida so I would like
> to fly it as real as it gets with jet routes and victor routes. Also,
where
> can I find all the vors and ndbs that form a Jet route? Thanks in advance,
> Teo

Enroute charts

Post by DDT » Thu, 23 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I'm familiar with it all right.  I made the FS2000 database for it.  Unfortunately, FSNav doesn't have route information.  Which is why I suggested NAV30.

I don't know why you have two of every intersection.  After I did an "Extract FS2000 waypoints and routes", I only have one of each.  Did you do this?  Obviously you can't without FS2000 installed.

I just ran different copy with the original data from the ZIP file.  No duplicates there either.  So I don't know why you have duplicates.

--
DDT
http://flightsimmers.net/ddt