FS'95 won't start

FS'95 won't start

Post by Andre Fische » Sat, 22 Feb 1997 04:00:00



Hello:

After not playing Flight Simulator '95 for some time, I tried it again
yesterday.

The initial MicroSoft banner is displayed, the*pit is quickly shown,
then the program ends.  No messages are displayed.

I reloaded the software, but the same thing happens.

Any ideas???

Thanks for any help

Andre Fischer
Toronto, Ontario

 
 
 

FS'95 won't start

Post by Mike Thompso » Sat, 22 Feb 1997 04:00:00


Hi Andre,

As a first troubleshooting step let's try this... Under the [Main] section
of your FLTSIM95.CFG file put

ShowLogo=0

Then wander back here and let me know if that helps. If it does we'll try
to figger out what to do next.

Good luck!
--
-= Mike =-
MS MVP



> Hello:

> After not playing Flight Simulator '95 for some time, I tried it again
> yesterday.

> The initial MicroSoft banner is displayed, the*pit is quickly shown,
> then the program ends.  No messages are displayed.

> I reloaded the software, but the same thing happens.

> Any ideas???

> Thanks for any help

> Andre Fischer
> Toronto, Ontario



 
 
 

FS'95 won't start

Post by Andre Fische » Mon, 24 Feb 1997 04:00:00



> Hi Andre,

> As a first troubleshooting step let's try this... Under the [Main] section
> of your FLTSIM95.CFG file put

> ShowLogo=0

> Then wander back here and let me know if that helps. If it does we'll try
> to figger out what to do next.

> Good luck!
> --
> -= Mike =-
> MS MVP



> > Hello:

> > After not playing Flight Simulator '95 for some time, I tried it again
> > yesterday.

> > The initial MicroSoft banner is displayed, the*pit is quickly shown,
> > then the program ends.  No messages are displayed.

> > I reloaded the software, but the same thing happens.

> > Any ideas???

> > Thanks for any help

> > Andre Fischer
> > Toronto, Ontario


Thanks Mike:

I tried that, but it didn't help.  I then tried to load MS Close Combat,
but it told me that there wasn't a sound card - but there was.  I went
to the system icon, and checked out the sound card.  Everything seemed
ok, but when I went to 'play' the chime sound wave, I got a message
indicated that something was corrupted.

I re-booted the machine, and everything's ok.  Don't understand why.

This type of behaviour has happened before, particularly if I leave my
system on for days at a time.

Could it be a problem with the Gravis UltraMax sound card, or could it
be with the Operating System???  I've had a few software and
configuration problems with the sound card that I've resolved (with some
help) by removing the driver, then re-loading it again.  I've had to
change the interupt addresses on several occaisions just to get it
working.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Andre Fischer

 
 
 

FS'95 won't start

Post by Graeme Nicho » Thu, 27 Feb 1997 04:00:00


Same Problem

Nothing new,  wont load!  I get the logo and music, I see the cessna
then *pow* GPF!

I have removed and reinstalled  no go!

Any ideas?

 
 
 

FS'95 won't start

Post by Sind » Thu, 27 Feb 1997 04:00:00


Hi Graeme,

In a previous note I did send you some suggestions.

Sindar MS_MVP


>Same Problem
>Nothing new,  wont load!  I get the logo and music, I see the cessna
>then *pow* GPF!
>I have removed and reinstalled  no go!
>Any ideas?

Sindar, MS_MVP