FS2K: UK Real Weather etc

Post by Kevin Sparr » Tue, 30 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Well, today I downloaded Real waether for the UK, and lo and behold
from Dundee to Carlisle I actually got real weather!! Maybe MS has
fixed the problem?

Anyway, my question is this; whats the difference between local and
global settings? They both take the same amount of time to download,
and I get dynamic weather for different areas with local as well as
global. Does it just mean for the country you are flying in?

Also, another problem. Is it me or does the altitude autopilot setting
on the Cessna 182S not work correctly? I set the altitiude at 3000ft,
but the plane insisted on climbing well above 8000 ft....

Anyone else experiance this, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Kevin

FS2K: UK Real Weather etc

Post by Simo » Tue, 30 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I think you were lucky. I have not been able to download any weather for the
UK for over a week, and large parts of Europe are also blank.
I am not holding my breath waiting for the fix from M/soft.

Simon

Quote:> Well, today I downloaded Real waether for the UK, and lo and behold
> from Dundee to Carlisle I actually got real weather!! Maybe MS has
> fixed the problem?

> Anyway, my question is this; whats the difference between local and
> global settings? They both take the same amount of time to download,
> and I get dynamic weather for different areas with local as well as
> global. Does it just mean for the country you are flying in?

> Also, another problem. Is it me or does the altitude autopilot setting
> on the Cessna 182S not work correctly? I set the altitiude at 3000ft,
> but the plane insisted on climbing well above 8000 ft....

> Anyone else experiance this, or am I doing something wrong?

> Thanks

> Kevin

FS2K: UK Real Weather etc

Post by Kevin Sparr » Tue, 30 Nov 1999 04:00:00

On Mon, 29 Nov 1999 21:24:47 -0000, "Simon"

>I think you were lucky. I have not been able to download any weather for the
>UK for over a week, and large parts of Europe are also blank.
>I am not holding my breath waiting for the fix from M/soft.

>Simon

What part of the UK are you from?

I agree about the Europe weather. I flew over to Paris today, then
went up through Belgium and into the Netherlands, and I only got
weather at Charles De Gaulle --the rest was just clear skys. Anyway I
flew back into Britain (Norwich) and was greeted by rain at the
coast...

Kevin

FS2K: UK Real Weather etc

Post by Alan Whit » Tue, 30 Nov 1999 04:00:00

On Mon, 29 Nov 1999 21:24:47 -0000, "Simon"

>I think you were lucky. I have not been able to download any weather for the
>UK for over a week, and large parts of Europe are also blank.
>I am not holding my breath waiting for the fix from M/soft.

This morning (Monday) there didn't seem to be real weather anywhere.

--
Alan White
in England's Lake District.

FS2K: UK Real Weather etc

Post by Scott Armou » Tue, 30 Nov 1999 04:00:00

HI Kevin,
            Sorry but I cant help with your query but instead I ask you a
question.
Could you do me a favour next time you download real weather could you check
what happens to the date in the time and season tab, I have found that the
last twice I tried that the date has reverted to August.Just wondering if
its only me that has this problem or what?
Thanx
Scott

Quote:> Well, today I downloaded Real waether for the UK, and lo and behold
> from Dundee to Carlisle I actually got real weather!! Maybe MS has
> fixed the problem?

> Anyway, my question is this; whats the difference between local and
> global settings? They both take the same amount of time to download,
> and I get dynamic weather for different areas with local as well as
> global. Does it just mean for the country you are flying in?

> Also, another problem. Is it me or does the altitude autopilot setting
> on the Cessna 182S not work correctly? I set the altitiude at 3000ft,
> but the plane insisted on climbing well above 8000 ft....

> Anyone else experiance this, or am I doing something wrong?

> Thanks

> Kevin

FS2K: UK Real Weather etc

Post by Kevin Sparr » Wed, 01 Dec 1999 04:00:00

On Mon, 29 Nov 1999 23:20:40 +0000, Alan White

>On Mon, 29 Nov 1999 21:24:47 -0000, "Simon"

>>I think you were lucky. I have not been able to download any weather for the
>>UK for over a week, and large parts of Europe are also blank.
>>I am not holding my breath waiting for the fix from M/soft.

>This morning (Monday) there didn't seem to be real weather anywhere.

Well, try and go to different airports and see if there is any
anywhere. Some areas dont have any, but I have found over the last two
days that a lot of places do have it. Same cant be said for France
though

Kevin

FS2K: UK Real Weather etc

Post by Rob Pollar » Wed, 01 Dec 1999 04:00:00

>On Mon, 29 Nov 1999 21:24:47 -0000, "Simon"

>>I think you were lucky. I have not been able to download any weather for the
>>UK for over a week, and large parts of Europe are also blank.
>>I am not holding my breath waiting for the fix from M/soft.

>This morning (Monday) there didn't seem to be real weather anywhere.

I got weather from Plymouth airport monday morning....
--
Rob Pollard

FS2K: UK Real Weather etc

Post by Chris Hal » Wed, 01 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> On Mon, 29 Nov 1999 21:24:47 -0000, "Simon"

> >I think you were lucky. I have not been able to download any weather for
the
> >UK for over a week, and large parts of Europe are also blank.
> >I am not holding my breath waiting for the fix from M/soft.

> >Simon

> What part of the UK are you from?

> I agree about the Europe weather. I flew over to Paris today, then
> went up through Belgium and into the Netherlands, and I only got
> weather at Charles De Gaulle --the rest was just clear skys. Anyway I
> flew back into Britain (Norwich) and was greeted by rain at the
> coast...

> Kevin

How real can you get???

Chris Hall

FS2K: UK Real Weather etc

Post by Simo » Wed, 01 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Kevin,
South London, 8 miles from Heathrow, about 25 from Gatwick, a subtropical
area of england according to the realtime downloads from M/soft!

It seems that sometimes you can get some weather for somewhere in the UK, as
the posts show. No one seems able to get consistent accurate up to date
weather, no matter where in the UK they may be.

Not quite what the description on the packaging says!

Simon

> On Mon, 29 Nov 1999 21:24:47 -0000, "Simon"

> >I think you were lucky. I have not been able to download any weather for
the
> >UK for over a week, and large parts of Europe are also blank.
> >I am not holding my breath waiting for the fix from M/soft.

> >Simon

> What part of the UK are you from?

> I agree about the Europe weather. I flew over to Paris today, then
> went up through Belgium and into the Netherlands, and I only got
> weather at Charles De Gaulle --the rest was just clear skys. Anyway I
> flew back into Britain (Norwich) and was greeted by rain at the
> coast...

> Kevin

FS2K: UK Real Weather etc

Post by Pete Bramle » Thu, 02 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>> I agree about the Europe weather. I flew over to Paris today, then
>> went up through Belgium and into the Netherlands, and I only got
>> weather at Charles De Gaulle --the rest was just clear skys. Anyway I
>> flew back into Britain (Norwich) and was greeted by rain at the
>> coast...

>> Kevin

>How real can you get???

>Chris Hall

If its as real as it gets why is there not a permanent cloud spewing out
rain over Manchester ??

--
Pete Bramley

FS2K: UK Real Weather etc

Post by M Davi » Thu, 02 Dec 1999 04:00:00

When you click on Real Weather, you get all the weather reports
that have come in at that time (some may not respond).  Your
loaded weather database is the same whether you click Global
or Local.  The difference is that the Global settings are the
default "background" settings that will apply everywhere there
is no specific local weather report.  So if you fly in an area not
covered by the rain reports, you will be under sunny skies
unless you also set the global weather to rain.  I try to figure out
about what the background weather "should" be and set Global
to that, then load Real Weather and let it fill in the local reported
areas.

--
Mike Davis

ICQ#38952146

Quote:> Anyway, my question is this; whats the difference between local and

Post by Andr » Wed, 08 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> > Well, today I downloaded Real waether for the UK, and lo and behold
> > from Dundee to Carlisle I actually got real weather!! Maybe MS has
> > fixed the problem?

Apparently MS discovered a problem on their side of the server and have
partially fixed this and the patch is supposed to "fill in" areas for which
no data exists.

Quote:> > Anyway, my question is this; whats the difference between local and
> > global settings? They both take the same amount of time to download,
> > and I get dynamic weather for different areas with local as well as
> > global. Does it just mean for the country you are flying in?

It seems that the download is global.  Jump around with the "Go to Airport"
option a bit and you'll see.  You can modify local weather settings and the
global settings remain.

Quote:> > Also, another problem. Is it me or does the altitude autopilot setting
> > on the Cessna 182S not work correctly? I set the altitiude at 3000ft,
> > but the plane insisted on climbing well above 8000 ft....

I've seen this happen too, check what the climb rate is set to.  If it's
positive, and you are already above your target altitude, the plane keeps
climbing.  The same thing happens in FS98.

1. FS2K Real Weather REAL?

Whether I download local or global weather update on FS2K, all I seem to get
is cloud info.

Never winds, turbulence, or even rainshowers.
Winds are actually always set to calm, even after I just completed the
download, same for turb - always none!

Am I missing any set-up steps in the process?
Or does the download not provide the rest of the weather conditions?

Any info will be helpful.
Thanks,
Frank
Miami, FL

2. CFV: comp.protocols.dns.*

3. FS2K Real-World Weather

4. HELP!

5. FS2K Real weather data.transportable??

6. DataSet / Repeater Help

7. FS2K Real Weather

8. Hitest and multi-value

9. FS2K Real Weather Behind Proxy Server...

10. Real Weather DBase FS2K

11. Outdated Real Weather for FS2K

12. fs2k real weather

13. UK METAR Files for Real Weather?