FS2K pro runway disappears

Post by Bill Elli » Sat, 11 Aug 2001 22:50:19

I just installed FS2K pro and it seems to work flawlessly, except for
landing at Catalina Island.  When I land the runway disappears and I
just go through the runway,  The screen jumps around and I am then
flying at a lower altitude than the runway.  I gain altitude and can
then see the runway again and can make another attempt but to no avail.

Hummmmm   doesn't seem right.    I landed at all of the other area
runways with out problem.

I leave from Santa Monica airport.

Thanks for any info

Bill Ellis

1.2 AMD 266 mhz,   384 mb 150 MHZ Corsair ram,  (2) 30 gbt 7200 maxtor
in raid 0,  Abit K 135 mother board, SB gamer live  5.1 sound,  asus
V-7100 2vid (141 FPS occasionally),

FS2K pro runway disappears

Post by Walt Bertra » Sat, 11 Aug 2001 23:07:01

It's a problem in FS2k.  There is a free fix at www.fsgenesis.com/

> I just installed FS2K pro and it seems to work flawlessly, except for
> landing at Catalina Island.  When I land the runway disappears and I
> just go through the runway,  The screen jumps around and I am then
> flying at a lower altitude than the runway.  I gain altitude and can
> then see the runway again and can make another attempt but to no avail.

> Hummmmm   doesn't seem right.    I landed at all of the other area
> runways with out problem.

> I leave from Santa Monica airport.

> Thanks for any info

> Bill Ellis

> 1.2 AMD 266 mhz,   384 mb 150 MHZ Corsair ram,  (2) 30 gbt 7200 maxtor
> in raid 0,  Abit K 135 mother board, SB gamer live  5.1 sound,  asus
> V-7100 2vid (141 FPS occasionally),

1. Wx makes my Runway Disappear - Fixed

Hi All,

First up thanks for the advice from the many posters, but I fixed my
problem with the weather making the runways disappear.

I checked out drivers etc, and they are fine!

Using Pete Dowson's great FSUIPC, I played with weatherset and the
tweakable settings.  Turns out if I un-check "Apply Surface Vis Limits"
the runways come back.  Now I can fly on my laptop and get "real
weather".  Another great use for FSUIPC - thanks Pete.

Cheers,
Billy

2. Mixing 10-Base-2 and 10-Base-T

3. Weather makes my Runway Disappear

4. Can't delete "Test" tab in ToolBox

5. Runway lights appear and disappear?

6. Exebyte 8200SX...anyone have one of these working??

7. Disappearing runways in FS98

8. 802.11b international compatibility

9. Runways do a disappearing act.....

10. Pro-Flight Runway selection at launch problem

11. Visioneer One Touch 3 Icon Disappears in WinXP Pro

12. OmniPage Pro 8.0 makes scanner disappear

13. Quattro Pro Win 5.0 disappearing button bars