Touchy joystick FS98

Post by ege » Wed, 01 Oct 1997 04:00:00

If anyone can help I would appreciate it. I am having some problems with
my joystick being too sensitive. I have adjusted sensitivity till my
eyes are twitching and I just can't seem to bring it under control. It
was much better in FS95. Any ideas out there?
Thanks, J. Ege

Touchy joystick FS98

Post by Kerry Neighbo » Thu, 02 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>I have found the same thing and in fact am surprised more people in the
>newsgroup have not mentioned it.

>In FS95 I could set my joystick sensitivity (that is when my MS
>Sidewinder 3D Pro joystick worked somewhat normally but now is bugged in
>FS98) to one comfortable setting for me which is usually pitch or

I have found exactly the same problem. It is that bad I have almost given
up flying the thing. I am only perservering because I want to see what the
3D stuff is all about (I am planning on getting a 3D card soon). If I had
not wiped FS95 I would not be using FS98 at all.

Kerry

Touchy joystick FS98

Post by air.. » Thu, 02 Oct 1997 04:00:00

> If anyone can help I would appreciate it. I am having some problems with
> my joystick being too sensitive. I have adjusted sensitivity till my
> eyes are twitching and I just can't seem to bring it under control. It
> was much better in FS95. Any ideas out there?
> Thanks, J. Ege

Hi J,

I have found the same thing and in fact am surprised more people in the
newsgroup have not mentioned it.

In FS95 I could set my joystick sensitivity (that is when my MS
Sidewinder 3D Pro joystick worked somewhat normally but now is bugged in
FS98) to one comfortable setting for me which is usually pitch or
elevator sensitivity low and ailerons a bit lower than default and

you, find I had to set all settings downward for especially the Learjet
45 because I was crashing all the time.  Then I gotta go back and reset
the elevator higher for the 737 or else you don't have enough elevator
authority to rotate on takeoff.  By the way, when you set your
sensitivities so low, you will find you need lots more pitch trim to
control the airplane and additionally, you will have less control
surface authority thus better not get yourself in any unsual attitudes.
Seems the new FS98 has bugs related to this to in my opinion.

Take care,

Darren

1. tva katter, Gene is very touchy ;)

Seems very silly to me. why can't one ask on tva katters "forums" how
progress is coming on subjects such as the wish-list, or bug fixes? Oh I
know why. Just asking if Gene will give a real answer.

Peace,
Bob

2. basics of SUN ISDN dial-in

3. joystick in fs98

4. news group dynamics comp.parallel (8/28) FAQ

5. Joystick problem with FS98

6. Physical disk sector size

7. Saitek joystick not working in FS98?

8. Games code using TV

9. Help, UK: What Joystick/Control Column do you recommend for FS98/2000 ??

10. USB Joystick with FS98

11. Help w/FS98 & Joystick

12. HELP! Joystick problem w/FS98

13. Help, joystick FS98 solved