Where do I get the wavs for adv converted to fs98?

Where do I get the wavs for adv converted to fs98?

Post by Stuart Smil » Sun, 07 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I have downloaded some adventures and converted them in the convertor.

They install fine but I get error messages after the conversion that
tell me that some of the wav files are not there. I looked and found
the one updated wav file for this, but these wavs are (I guess)
assumed to be in the fsfs program on the computer.

Thanks.

Where do I get the wavs for adv converted to fs98?

Post by Ed Stewar » Sun, 07 Dec 1997 04:00:00

The file you need is called "aafwav.zip". Unzip to Flight Simulator\Adv\Wav.
You can get it at almost any Flight Sim website.

>I have downloaded some adventures and converted them in the convertor.

>They install fine but I get error messages after the conversion that
>tell me that some of the wav files are not there. I looked and found
>the one updated wav file for this, but these wavs are (I guess)
>assumed to be in the fsfs program on the computer.

>Thanks.

Where do I get the wavs for adv converted to fs98?

Post by Stuart Smil » Mon, 08 Dec 1997 04:00:00

On Sat, 6 Dec 1997 21:14:17 -0600, "Ed Stewart"

>The file you need is called "aafwav.zip". Unzip to Flight Simulator\Adv\Wav.
>You can get it at almost any Flight Sim website.

I did download that. However, there are adventures that the convertor
refers to as errors and states that it was not able to copy certain
wav files, and those wav files are not in the file you mentioned. A
couple of adventures have their own wav files included, but most do
not. I have downloaded these from the fs51 directories of MicroWings,
Comox Valley and Flight Sim.com.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1. Converting / Compressing PCM Format WAVs without distortion?

Hi Audiophiles,

I'm a newbie when it comes to (converting) Audio Formats, and have a simple
question that I'm sure has already been answered many times.  It's just a
matter of finding it... I've Searched around a bit, but there are millions
of pages out there. Can someone please point me to it (a suitable FAQ or
similar), or offer an answer here?

I need to convert several 10's of 000's of very small PCM Format Audio
Files(voice-quality only, ranging in size from about 3KB to about 50KB),
currently in either:

PCM, 22,050 Hz, 8 bit, Mono or
PCM, 11,025 Hz, 8 bit, Mono

to another very common Windows WAV format, but which is at least 30 - 50%
smaller so they can all fit onto one CD.  Ideally, the new format should
also not require High Performance hardware, say minimum 200MHz Pentium or
lower if possible, so as to maintain compatibility with still common
hardware out there.

I have tried converting using ACM  Station 2.1 by Andreas Leeb, which seems
like it should do the job, but I'm not having much luck.  So far, I seem to
be suffering a loss of sound quality. [Presumably, I must convert each file
to a format of identical Sample and Bit rate to perfectly preserve the
quality?  There don't seem to be very many options available, in terms of
formats that support these identical parameters.]

Am I wrong in thinking this is possible? Does compression always involve a
loss of quality?  As I say, I'm a newbie, but I figure that quality can
still be preserved, in spite of some compression?  Can anyone advise me
which format(s) will work for this, and which would be most recommended -
especially in terms of common hardware and commonly available Windows O/S
(Codec) support?

Also, another problem: the files are a mixture of the two formats shown
above.  Is there any utility that can sort them into their different
formats, so I can run the appropriate conversions on each type?

Last question: Is there a Codec that does this best but is not commonly
installed with Windows, and if so, what's required to install and if
necessary, licence it?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Alan Candy

2. What kinda error is this?

3. Problem Converting Adv Files

4. Very new to SMS

5. Need ADV. file for FS98

6. Hardware/Software Cosimulation

7. Flight Shop ADV -FS98

8. - The Lighthouse of Your Guardian Angel on the Wishing Tower. -

9. Error Converting Adv Files

10. ADV: US FM-to-Acro Adv Tech Seminars, June, MA/AZ/CA

11. answering machine WAVs

12. cd-rom locks up when saving WAVs