How to handle multiple runway scenery problems?

How to handle multiple runway scenery problems?

Post by Tom Richard » Fri, 20 Dec 1996 04:00:00

After adding third party scenery, runways at say Denver International
appear to be mis-aligned with Microsoft's placement of the runways.  Is
there a way to correct this?  Thanks.

Tom Richards

How to handle multiple runway scenery problems?

Post by Sinda » Fri, 20 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hello Tom,

With the help of some 'exclude' files you can prevent the display of
duplicate runways. No doubt you will find an utility to fabricate
those 'exclude' files at one of the popular web sites.

Sindar

>After adding third party scenery, runways at say Denver International
>appear to be mis-aligned with Microsoft's placement of the runways.  Is
>there a way to correct this?  Thanks.
>Tom Richards

Sindar, MS_MVP

Post by wtilgh » Tue, 24 Dec 1996 04:00:00

> After adding third party scenery, runways at say Denver International
> appear to be mis-aligned with Microsoft's placement of the runways.  Is
> there a way to correct this?  Thanks.

Two ways of dealing with this:

1.  Just disable CD-North America (or whatever continent you're flying
in) in the Scenery Library while in an area where runways are
duplicated.  You can even do this during your flight.

2.  Get the file scutil.zip from the iup download site.  It includes a
little program called areaexcl.exe, which will let you create "exclude"
files to eliminate Microsoft's version of the runways.

Happy flying.

--

1. HELP. Runway higher then rest of scenery ?!?!?!?

If you could, two things:

1. Simply state that you have a "floating" runway, or "floating"
airplane. A screen shot is not necessary, as we know by these terms that
a scenery has altitude (elevation) problems. Besides, the proprietor of
this newsgroup would appreciate no screen shot attachments, I'm sure.

2. Please tell us the name of the 3rdparty ZIP archive, and where you
downloaded it.
DDT

| Hi
|
| Can anyone help me? With my Mombassa (Kenya) scenery the runway is
higher
| then the rest of the scenery. What must I do to fix it ?
|
| See attached image: moman22.jpg
|
| Mauritz Geyser

2. How do I obtain a list of changes between Digital Sigs in code?

3. FS98 and the Great Britain 2 Scenery Pack - Runways

4. alt.config virus

5. Double Runway Listings w/ ASD Scenery

6. Converting dynamic boot disk back to basic disk

7. Duplicate runways from add-on scenery?

8. Grant SYSDBA or SYSOPER privileges

9. Installed Mallard FS5 scenery and lost runways

10. FS98 double runways with 3rd party scenery

11. double runways/fs5 scenery

12. Fall through runway in Denver standard scenery

13. Duplicate runways after add-on scenery