Creating objects dynamically in the WinRunner GUI map

Creating objects dynamically in the WinRunner GUI map

Post by dzorb.. » Thu, 14 Sep 2000 00:05:53

I'm new to the software so I'm not sure if I can do what I'm trying to
do.

I have a web page that allows you to add summary information from
various sources and list it all on one page. I need to check the data
that is posted for each of these sources on my page.

When all the summarys are loaded onto the page I have a bunch of
objects that belong to the html_table MSW_class (this is what they come
up as when I use the SPY on them). The problem is that they all have
the same object name. The only thing that makes them unique is a
location value.

What I'm trying to do is somehow generate an object on the fly to put
into the GUI map so I can look at the values in each of the summary
tables.

I'd like to use a GUI_checkpoint to do this but can't because the
summarys selected can change. The picklist for the sources is always
expanding and I don't want to have to go back and relearn all the new
windows on the page each time there is a change. I've written code to
use an Excel spreadsheet to dynamically create the objects in the GUI
map for the picklist but I can't do the same for the summarys.

Is there a way to do this? Am I making any sense here?

Thanks for the help.

Dino Z.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. How to change GUI map dynamically??

Hello,
I am in need of adding a property to an already learned object in my GUI map. The learned object is a browser window and i wish to add the 'location' property to it in the run of my test. I also wish to delete this property later on.
How can I do this please?
Thank-you,
LIOR
------------------

Please click the following link to reply:
http://www.qaforums.com/Forum4/HTML/001026.html

2. WWW site for ISO?

3. ADV: WinRunner GUI Map Manager

4. Numeric Pad in DOS Application within Windows

5. WinRunner - Clear the GUI Map

6. Icon Images, please help....

7. WinRunner: GUI Map question

8. PARNET

9. Q: WinRunner's GUI-map: tool alternatives?

10. Create object instances dynamically...

11. FixedBitmap objects created dynamically in a data window.

12. How to create visual object dynamically