Avoid this Defect Tracking Tool: Track from Soffront

Avoid this Defect Tracking Tool: Track from Soffront

Post by Cuir » Mon, 27 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Our company is having a very bad experience with a defect tracking product
called Track from Soffront, and I strongly urge QAers to avoid it.

Unfortunately, this company has good marketing and sales, but don't be
fooled. The product is a dog and the support is incompetent. Don't make the
mistake of buying it. Soffront has consisently denied all problems and made
no attempts to investigate or fix them.

Their web client can't lock records so data gets clobbered! We spend
more time reporting and working around their bugs than using the product.
Their tech support's answer to everything is "install the latest version"
and "have you tried installing the latest version again?"

There are better priced competitive products whose web clients do not
overwrite data. Please be very careful if you are considering a defect
tracking tool, and consider all competitive products.

1. Avoid this Defect Tracking Tool: Track from Soffront

Our company is having a very bad experience with a defect Tracking product
called Track from Soffront, and I strongly urge QAers to avoid it.

Unfortunately, this company has good marketing and sales, but don't be
fooled. The product is a dog and the support is incompetent. Don't make the
mistake of buying it.

Why? Their web client can't lock records so data gets clobbered. We spend
more time reporting and working around their bugs than using the product.
Their tech support's answer to everything is "install the latest version"
and 'have you tried installing the latest version again?" They only have one
developer who is apparently too overwhelmed to fix bugs in the code.

If you're in the market for this kind of tool, please seriously consider the
competition.

2. PMINews 2.0 Questions

3. Defect tracking vs. Call Tracking

4. Help with Sendmail!!! Am I out of luck with aliases?

5. Open source defect tracking software, issue tracking software

6. what happened to money express bill reminder

7. Good defect-tracking/call-tracking/KB combo?

8. Multi Processor SPARC10 cache architecture

9. Notes Defect Tracking Database Form or Change Control Tracking form designs

10. Bug Tracking, Project Issue Tracking, Test Tracking, System Integration Free Software on Sourceforge

11. RSW incorporates Web based defect track tool..

12. Evaluating Defect Tracking Tool

13. ADV: defect-tracking PRINCE2 project management tool