HELP! QA

Post by Leo 10 » Wed, 01 Sep 1999 04:00:00

How do you get a hold of lost links that were supposed to be lineked and a
person
forgot to link them. I have the old site with all the links in place but the
names and the directories are different.
Is there a way to find the mising linkes without printing out the whole web
sites and compairing the old one ( have Links) with new site where the links
are mising.

Please respond promptly..
Thanks Leon  (Lead QA)

HELP! QA

Post by Don Magi » Thu, 02 Sep 1999 04:00:00

You could use Compuware's QARun and run a site check.

You just point to the URL which you want checked, tell it to verify the
site, and it will do so.

You can perform this on the old site if you wish and tell it to keep a
history of the links, then perform a check on the new site, and keep the
history, then compare the two.

Of course the new site will also simplify this by showing you broken links,
etc.

Regards,
Don Magie.

(I work for Compuware).

Quote:> How do you get a hold of lost links that were supposed to be lineked and a
> person
> forgot to link them. I have the old site with all the links in place but
the
> names and the directories are different.
> Is there a way to find the mising linkes without printing out the whole
web
> sites and compairing the old one ( have Links) with new site where the
links
> are mising.

> Please respond promptly..
> Thanks Leon  (Lead QA)

1. Need help regarding finding a Job on Boston for Manual QA Tester

I was in manual testing for 6 months in my long QA craeer, which spread over 10 years. Subsequently I moved to automation and now no going back to Manual.
It is going to be difficult for manual tester to search QA positions after the advent of web technology that too with the distributed web architectures at the peak.

Days are gone as black box tester also .You have to move as Grey Box Tester, meaning you have to learn Perl, Html, XML, JavaScript and or with ASP and Java.

Why don't you take a small break and learn as many as you can.
Then search for QA position, you may get a suitable one even in this tight IT job market.
If you have manual testing experience in Real Time Trading apps, then try in Wall Street, NY.

------------------
Suswaram Radha

Please click the following link to reply:
http://www.qaforums.com/Forum15/HTML/000915.html

2. Penguin Adventure Mids

3. Help! QA and Testing. Is there a difference?

4. problems installing a netcard on Win NT

5. Two Position for QA | QA with Datawarehouse Exp AND QA with EDI & SAS

6. transparent background on hover buttons?

7. QA Tools, QA Tools, QA Tools

8. Application Error

9. JOB : QA help needed in Pittsburgh, management level or Snr Engineer help , Full-time ****

10. JOB : QA help needed in Pittsburgh, management level or Snr Engineer help , Full-time

11. QA help needed in Pittsburgh, management level help ****

12. QA help needed in Pittsburgh, management level help

13. JOB : QA help needed in Pittsburgh, management level or Snr Engineer help , Full-time ****