Importing Testcases into Mercury's Testdirector

Importing Testcases into Mercury's Testdirector

Post by bfmc.. » Thu, 08 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Question:

Does anyone know of a simple (quick and easy) method of importing
Testcases written in MS Word format into Mercury's TestDirector or
WinRunner?

If you have any macros written or recommended procedures, that would be
of great benefit.  Right now the process is very tedious...

Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Importing Testcases into Mercury's Testdirector

Post by David Ow » Sat, 10 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I dont know what version of test director you have, but ours (5.0 I believe)
came with a word macro that allows you to mark up a word document and then
import it directly into a td database.  We did have some issues with it and I
wound up modifying it to import a like we wanted to.

Quote:

>Question:

>Does anyone know of a simple (quick and easy) method of importing
>Testcases written in MS Word format into Mercury's TestDirector or
>WinRunner?

>If you have any macros written or recommended procedures, that would be
>of great benefit.  Right now the process is very tedious...

>Thanks

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Importing Testcases into Mercury's Testdirector

Post by Matt » Sun, 18 Jul 1999 04:00:00

QA Director from Compuware has that facility built in and will work with Win
Runner better still use QARun and be able to test your app and your data

Cheers

Matt

>Question:

>Does anyone know of a simple (quick and easy) method of importing
>Testcases written in MS Word format into Mercury's TestDirector or
>WinRunner?

>If you have any macros written or recommended procedures, that would be
>of great benefit.  Right now the process is very tedious...

>Thanks

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Importing Testcases into Mercury's Testdirector

Post by John Hardma » Sun, 18 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Matt,

Just curious - do you have any connection with Compuware at all ? Just like
to know how balanced opinions are that people give here.

Thanks,

JH.

Importing Testcases into Mercury's Testdirector

Post by rezaara.. » Tue, 20 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hello Matts

Mercury provides an add-on on the installation
disc of test-director called "Word97".
you will see the add-on option just before
starting installation of test-director.
once you installed this add-on , it will create
a testdirector tool Bar on in your WORD 97
application.
basically the toolbar contains icons which you
have to paste near the corrolated line in your
test case.
once you have finished inconing the testcase you
"export the testcase" (it is also one of your
icons functionalities) into one of your projects
in the testdirector.
notice that this add-on can be activated only on
WORD 97.
                              Good Luck
                               atsmon-ISRAEL

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Importing Testcases into Mercury's Testdirector

Post by rezaara.. » Tue, 20 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hello matts/
if you have the installation disc of testdirector you will
notice that right before installation there is a list of
add-ons built in. one of the add-ons is called WORD97.
once you install it it creates in your WORD processor a
new toolbar called  TD (test director).
it is consisted of icons which represent steps in your
testcases and align directly with the test tree in the
test director test-tree tab.
once you have finished placing the icons simply export it
(via the icon "export to test director") to the right
project and it will place the test case directly in the
right modules within the testdirector.
                                             Good luck
                                              Reza-Israel