Util to catch pop-ups??

Post by Faze » Wed, 06 Dec 2000 04:00:00

First, I apologize if this is the wrong group to ask this question of.
If this is the case, please let me know if there is a group better
suited to answer this.

I need to know if there is a utility that runs under Windows (98, ME,
2000) that will capture dialog boxes that appear. Specifically, I'm
testing the ability of certain CD-RW drives to format media. I'm not
always able to sit and watch the drives fail (can take upto 2 hours)
and the error boxes that appear don't always stay, nor do they always
remain long enough to get more than a glance at.

Thanks!

--
  ____  __    ____  ____  ___
.(____)/__\..(_   )( ___)(__ ). Now blocking

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Util to catch pop-ups??

Post by Bill Sasin » Thu, 07 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Look on http://www.sysinternals.com. They may have something.

Quote:> First, I apologize if this is the wrong group to ask this question of.
> If this is the case, please let me know if there is a group better
> suited to answer this.

> I need to know if there is a utility that runs under Windows (98, ME,
> 2000) that will capture dialog boxes that appear. Specifically, I'm
> testing the ability of certain CD-RW drives to format media. I'm not
> always able to sit and watch the drives fail (can take upto 2 hours)
> and the error boxes that appear don't always stay, nor do they always
> remain long enough to get more than a glance at.

> Thanks!

> --
>   ____  __    ____  ____  ___
> .(____)/__\..(_   )( ___)(__ ). Now blocking
> ..)__)/(__)\../ /_ .)__) .(_ \.. ALL email
> .(__)(__)(__)(____)(____)(___/. 'cause of SPAM

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

1. POP-UPS, LOSE OF CONNECTION, LOCK-UPS, MESSENGER

HIGH

IS THIER ANY WAY OF STOPPING ALL THE POP-UPS AND
DOWNLOADING THAT HAPPENS? I HAD SEARCHED FOR A CAR AND
FOUND AN ADDRESS ON THE WEB THAT SEEMED INTERESTING. I
CLICKED ON IT BEGAN TO REVIEW THE INFORMATION AND OTHER
SCREENS STARTED APPEARING. HOW CAN I STOP THESE OR AT
LEAST REQUIRE A QUESTION IF I WANT TO LOAD IT??? I HAVE A
266 COMPUTER, I AM RUNNING WINDOWS 98, EXPLORER 6.0 AND
MSN 8 BUT THE SYSTEM HAS BEEN LOCKING-UP SEVERELY WHEN I
GET OBTO THE WEB, ANY SUGGESTS?? OVER THE LAST FEW WEEKS I
CAN BE WORKING ON THE WEB AND GET A "SORRY YOU HAVE BEEN
DISCONNECTED, DO YOU WANT TO RECONNECT"? I NEVER GOT THESE
BEFORE, IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH MSN?? MESSRNGER HASN'Y
WORKED SINCE I UPGRADED TO MSN 8 ABOUT 6 MONTHD AGO WHAT
IF ANYTHING CAN I DO??

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN PROVIDE

2. Postscript Fontfile Editor wanted!

3. Cool XBOX Site No Pop-Ups

4. Edit problem

5. Date Pop-ups

6. A2000 w/GVP G-Force '030 misbehaving-

7. Anyone familiar w/ JAVA pop-ups?

8. Compare identical tables in different databases method

9. Pop-ups in Windows XP (home) using Messenger Service!

10. MESSENEGR POP-UPS

11. How do I stop the messenger pop-ups?

12. unwanted messenger pop-ups

13. Messenger Pop-Ups