overview of J2ee testing tools

Post by Andrew Marshm » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 19:23:25

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I'm a bit of a
newbie to
the J2EE software side of things.

My question (hopefully) is quite simple:

My company have just finished developing a web based application
module to our Query Management software.

The software has been developed with Oracle JDeveloper and runs over
Oracle 9i Application Server and Oracle 9i RDBMS. The app has been
developed using JSPs, Servlets and the odd EJB.

Now comes the testing phase ... could anyone please direct to a site
that runs through the various testing tools available. I'm looking for
an honest verdict on which ones are best for regression testing and
stress testing. We're even not adverse to paying money if the tool is
good enough!!

Thanks for you help,

Andrew Marshman
Development Team Leader
Credica
www.credica.co.uk - Financial Query Management Software

overview of J2ee testing tools

Post by Mark » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 21:25:31

Take a look at www.opensourcetesting.org, worth evaluating some of
these alongside any commercial tools you take a look at.

1. Introductions, Overviews to Testing Tools

Hi everybody,

I am looking for articles, papers, overviews or tutorials for an
introduction in the area of interface testing tools (for example
Quality Works of Segue).

Any emails or postings with the material itself or hints are welcome.

For an answer you can use this newsgroup or my email address

Thanks in advance

Christof

2. a call for DSP m-files

3. Testing tools/ Load testing tools.

4. Visual Basic 6

5. Test Tool Wanted: Tool to Id Maintenance Build Test Impacts

6. Win9x, W2K, Active Directory and home networks

7. AI overview (Free tools, teaching materials, sources)

8. Ipaq UK users!

9. Testing Tools- Hands On Experience with Mercury Test Suite, Rational Team Test or Compuware QA Center

10. Test Managers, Test Tool Experts, Test Analysts

11. USA/MA -- SOFTWARE TEST Engineers Needed - Test Embedded-System Software Using Automated Test Tools