Bug Tracking, Project Issue Tracking, Test Tracking, System Integration Free Software on Sourceforge

Bug Tracking, Project Issue Tracking, Test Tracking, System Integration Free Software on Sourceforge

Post by Joerg Friedric » Mon, 13 May 2002 23:25:30

Check out the Track+ tracking system to keep an overview on all issues,
action items, milestones, due dates, etc. etc. etc. in your project. Track+
is a future proof J2EE application using a JSP container such as Tomcat and
the Firebird RDBMS. Here are some reasons for you to have a look at it:

Track+ is proven in real world commercial projects.
Track+ is widely configurable to your specific process.
Track+ has built in access management..
Track+ doesn't require any client installation and works with a standard web
browser.
Track+ is royalty free and open source.
Track+ is well documented.
Track+ comes localized in English and German.
Track+ can easily be localized to other languages.
Track+ helps if you run large projects with hundreds of developers as well
as small ones with just a few people.
Track+ keeps everybody informed by sending emails when changes are made to
tracked items.
Track+ adapts to the way people work and doesn't try to force them into
anything.
Track+ complements other project management software such as Microsoft
Project.
Track+ delivers most major features of comparable commercially available
systems.
Track+ supports many projects concurrently.
Track+ is becoming increasingly popular.

Have a look at http://trackplus.sourceforge.net. This is open source
software that works.

Bug Tracking, Project Issue Tracking, Test Tracking, System Integration Free Software on Sourceforge

Post by d.udaiya » Fri, 17 May 2002 06:54:05

Haven't used this open source software but have used the other open source
stuff  from SDL Parters which do an integrated problem managment and
configuration management tool with a test tracker thrown in for good
measure.
(It also links to mecury interactives test tracker and other tools). You can
download a copy at their website

http://www.sdl-partners.com/

ps/ we used it a CGNU with and it was ok. (A lot cheaper that any of
mercurys stuff too)

Quote:> Check out the Track+ tracking system to keep an overview on all issues,
> action items, milestones, due dates, etc. etc. etc. in your project.
Track+
> is a future proof J2EE application using a JSP container such as Tomcat
and
> the Firebird RDBMS. Here are some reasons for you to have a look at it:

> Track+ is proven in real world commercial projects.
> Track+ is widely configurable to your specific process.
> Track+ has built in access management..
> Track+ doesn't require any client installation and works with a standard
web
> browser.
> Track+ is royalty free and open source.
> Track+ is well documented.
> Track+ comes localized in English and German.
> Track+ can easily be localized to other languages.
> Track+ helps if you run large projects with hundreds of developers as well
> as small ones with just a few people.
> Track+ keeps everybody informed by sending emails when changes are made to
> tracked items.
> Track+ adapts to the way people work and doesn't try to force them into
> anything.
> Track+ complements other project management software such as Microsoft
> Project.
> Track+ delivers most major features of comparable commercially available
> systems.
> Track+ supports many projects concurrently.
> Track+ is becoming increasingly popular.

> Have a look at http://trackplus.sourceforge.net. This is open source
> software that works.

---

Bug Tracking, Project Issue Tracking, Test Tracking, System Integration Free Software on Sourceforge

Post by Yere » Thu, 30 May 2002 19:23:21

Check out Elementool: www.elementool.com. The leading bug and defect
tracking tool. Web-based and very easy to use. Offers a free option.