Has anyone kept a copy of a Internet 'joke' about developers?

Has anyone kept a copy of a Internet 'joke' about developers?

Post by Phuoc Can HU » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 15:53:34

Long time ago, I received an email (a kind of joke). It's a list of typical
answers to software bugs, e.g. We haven't touch that since version xyz and
that can not be a bug. All those 'excuses' from development. I found it
very funny. But just can't find it anymore.

Phuoc Can HUA

--
_/\__/\__/\__/\__/\__/\_
www.huaonline.com

Has anyone kept a copy of a Internet 'joke' about developers?

Post by Smit » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 23:53:11

Here it is:

Top 20 replies by programmers when their programs don't work:

20. "That's weird..."
19. "It's never done that before."
18. "It worked yesterday."
17. "How is that possible?"
16. "It must be a hardware problem."
15. "What did you type in wrong to get it to crash?"
14. "There is something funky in your data."
13. "I haven't touched that module in weeks!"
12. "You must have the wrong version."
11. "It's just some unlucky coincidence."
10. "I can't test everything!"
9. "THIS can't be the source of THAT."
8. "It works, but it's not been tested."
7. "Somebody must have changed my code."
6. "Did you check for a virus on your system?"
5. "Even though it doesn't work, how does it feel?"
4. "You can't use that version on your system."
3. "Why do you want to do it that way?"
2. "Where were you when the program blew up?"
1. "I thought I fixed that."

This, and further Tester/Engineer humour can be found at:
   http://www.geocities.com/xtremetesting/TestingQuiz.html
   http://www.geocities.com/xtremetesting/anecdotes.html
The serious aspects of 'xtremetesting' can be found at:
   http://www.geocities.com/xtremetesting/

Smith

1. My laptop keeps typing the characters 'v' and '\' without me typing anything!

My laptop keeps typing the characters 'v' and '\' without me typing
anything, i have formatted it and reinstalled windows, so i now have
no idea what it could be. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Brad, www.sapnet.co.uk

2. gcc signals & Exec signals

3. camera's keep 'timing out'

4. ATC Chatter program??

5. Has anyone used 'C-Pen 800C' or 'QuickLink Pen' handheld pen scanners?

6. Hard drive upgrade; Minimum files required to run Netware server v3.12 and 4.11 to restore?

7. 'Create Executable - copy of resource w_xxx doesn't failed' error message

8. IRC App