Adobe only to be installed as "all users"?

Adobe only to be installed as "all users"?

Post by Ro » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 17:54:29

I have created a MSI package for Adobe Acrobat 5.0 + all the important
updates coming with it and I am running the package on my PC (WinXP
SP1) as a one user package only. This all works fine, but I do end up
in trouble with the Adobe Distiller printer, that allegedly can not be
installed as a one user only printer (registry values HKLM)!? This
ofcourse sounds a bit weird to me, as this will cause license problems
when deploying this package, when users roam around on different PCs.
We ofcourse can install the package on dedicated PCs instead of adding
the application to a user's login script, but that is uncool when
users roam a lot. Has anybody come across this same 'problem' and if
so, how did you solve this?