Testing Tools- Hands On Experience with Mercury Test Suite, Rational Team Test or Compuware QA Center

Testing Tools- Hands On Experience with Mercury Test Suite, Rational Team Test or Compuware QA Center

Post by wild_.. » Sat, 11 Sep 1999 04:00:00

We're evaluating these tools and we are having a hard time getting
references from the vendors. To that end, I'm looking for people who
have used these tools and may want to talk about how they've liked (or

THANKS,
Bridget Pilloud

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Testing Tools- Hands On Experience with Mercury Test Suite, Rational Team Test or Compuware QA Center

Post by Steven Bau » Wed, 15 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I work for state agency and we purchased Mercury's Test
Suite last fall, had training with it last February/March
and are using Test Director to manage our test plans.  We
still are not up to speed with WinRunner, but moving in the
right direction.  Our problem is that we do not have the
programming staff available to work with WinRunner.  It
requires a little more programming skill than my staff
has.  We thought that we would be able to use our
application programming staff to work with WinRunner, but
have not been able to come up with anyone yet.  The keys
that we have found to this software is really that the
planning and development of the test plan is crutial to the
use of the tools.  WinRunner appears to be best used for
regression testing, after all the screens are relatively
stable.  There is also a strong committment from management
to do  QA testing and to support the automated tools.  It
is impossible to support these tools by yourself.  We have
been having good luck with TestDirector and are trying to
use it throughout our agency.

Testing Tools- Hands On Experience with Mercury Test Suite, Rational Team Test or Compuware QA Center

Post by Ian Chegwidde » Thu, 16 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I evaluated three of these products about two years ago.  I decided on SQA
TeamTest for various reasons.  I had one of my testers trained in its use;
he no longer uses it.  The problem is that the products we develop do not
lend themselves easily to automation.  Since manual testing is easier, and
in most cases a requirement, that's what happens.  We find that developing a
test harness and writing a few generic VB or C++ tests to run under it
provides the best results.  We use VisualAge for our Java testing.

Rational Visual Test, is also a reasonable solution, as it has all the
advantages of VB plus a few small enhancements from Rational.  If you can
use VB, there is very little training required for Visual Test.

Hope this helps,

Ian

> We're evaluating these tools and we are having a hard time getting
> references from the vendors. To that end, I'm looking for people who
> have used these tools and may want to talk about how they've liked (or

> THANKS,
> Bridget Pilloud

1. Attaining Certification in Mercury Interactive's Test suite or Rational Software's Team Test

Hello all

I am a software test analyst working in UK and in order to make myself
more employable in the US I am considering getting a Certification for
either the MI TestSuite (WinRunner and TestDirector)or Rational's SQA
TeamTest. My questions are:

1- Are these certifications widely recognised in the industry?
2- Any one who has attended these courses? If so, what is your opinion
of the courses themselves?
2- Which is more widely used in the US, MI TestSuite or SQA TeamTest?

Any reposnse is greatly appreciated.

Len Aye

2. Home Networking (Windows2000 server to WindowsXP)

3. Experiences with Mercury Interactive, Candle and Compuware testing tools.

4. Clean your PC properly - urw9 6q 0 xy d a7m4ijg u3z 13z

5. Mercury WinRunner Suite vs. Compuware QA Center

6. Looking For a Good 2 Line Featured Telephone

7. QA Analyst w/ Test Lab Experience--MD ( Must have Test Lab Experience)

8. Configuring SLIP on a null-modem line for Win95

9. Importing Test Suites Created in Rational Test Manager

10. cost of test tool Mercury/Rational/software

11. Test Tool Evaluation - Mercury, Segue or Rational?

12. Terminal Emulation Y2K Testing Using Mercury Interactive Testing Tools

13. ==== Software QA - Using SQA Team Test/MS Test ====