Evaluation (testing) of SunNet Manager network management tool---HELP

Evaluation (testing) of SunNet Manager network management tool---HELP

Post by sam hollan » Sat, 10 Aug 1996 04:00:00

anyone out there familar with the network management tool SunNet Manager.
 i am doing an evaluation of the tool for possible use and have a lot of
questions.

Post by Gary A Feldm » Tue, 13 Aug 1996 04:00:00

> anyone out there familar with the network management tool SunNet Manager.
>  i am doing an evaluation of the tool for possible use and have a lot of
> questions.

Try asking this in comp.sys.sun.admin, which is a far more appropriate
group.  The comp.software.testing newsgroup is about software testing
methodologies, etc.; it's not about evaluations of specific products.

Good luck,

  Gary

1. Network Management - SunNet Manager and Synoptics Optivity

Hello there,

I was wondering if there are any other parties interested in Network
Management out there and are using remotely similar software and hardware to
us. This is what we have got.
Sun Sparc 10
Solaris 1.1 (SunOS 4.1.3)
SunNet Manager ver. 2.0
SynOptics Hubs (2813, 2810 -> 3000 chassis)
SynOptics Optivity Ver 5.0
Retix Remote 4810 bridges
Retix RX7000 routers

I am constantly battling with my system, just to get it to manage the network
more effectively. Is there a newsgroup out there for this? If not, has anyone
thought of initiating one. Where, besides my local (useless) suppliers, can I
find out more about MIB's for some of this gear, as well as find out more info
on the NW management side. Also, I need more info on undestanding the MIBs
that I have got.

ANY, and I mean **ANY** help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hamish

2. Deferred mail

3. Need help with SunNet Manager Auto Management

4. AS5300 vs AS5400

5. Narrowing discover networks in SunNet Manager?

6. Immediate Required || Remedy Developer || Location: NYC

7. Sunnet Network Manager Mibs and mib compiling

8. (no subject)

9. Analysis tools for SunNet Manager SNMP statistics

10. Network Management Protocol testing tools

11. Test Tool Evaluation and Custom Tools Development Service