Secure Bug Reporting Software needed

Post by Devrim Erd » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 01:13:59

Hello,

I need a bug tracking software but the bug reporting and browsing
operations shall be done in a secure way. This means, reporter needs
to login to the software and rest of the operations ( bug reporting,
browsing etc. ) shall be secure ( it shall not be possible for regular
people to get into the bug database . ).

I have looked around but couldn't see anything which has encryption.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.
Mde

Secure Bug Reporting Software needed

Post by Blue Je » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 10:33:36

The secure layer can be either on the web server layer or
on the standalone applications layer, it is called SSL.
By enabling SSL, you access the bug tracking system with
https. Take a look at Bugzero, it can be deployed
onto SSL.
_________________________________
Bugzero all-in-one: bug tracking & help desk
Free try:  http://www.websina.com/bugzero/

> Hello,

> I need a bug tracking software but the bug reporting and browsing
> operations shall be done in a secure way. This means, reporter needs
> to login to the software and rest of the operations ( bug reporting,
> browsing etc. ) shall be secure ( it shall not be possible for regular
> people to get into the bug database . ).

> I have looked around but couldn't see anything which has encryption.

> Any ideas ?

> Thanks.
> Mde

1. Bug Reporting Database Software- What are you using?

        My company has been using an Access-designed database written
        in-house for bug tracking, but we've outgrown it and need to
        move on.  I'm going to decide if it's worth my time to write a
        new standalone, or go with something on the market...

        What are you people using, and what do you find to be the
        strong/weak points of your bug tracking software?

        I need something accessible by multiple users on a network at
        once, with the ability to easily adapt and add new products.

        Help MUCH appreciated.

        -Rick Castello
--
    Rick Castello    |  "Generation X may be shallow, but at least

    The Answer is:   |   of all people."  "Oh goodie, a freak show!"
       101010        |         -Lisa and Homer Simpson

2. AII Parallel Interface

3. Need help on ListView + Wedit bug report

4. bypassing cache?

5. Outlook Task Sync Problems

6. Needed: Template for Software Trouble Report

7. Secure Messaging Non-Delivery Report: Re: [SQL] How to represent a

8. Secure Messaging Non-Delivery Report: Re: [SQL] How to represent a tree-structure in a relationaldatabase

9. Secure Messaging Non-Delivery Report: Re: [SQL] How to represent

10. Secure Messaging Non-Delivery Report: Re: [SQL] How to representa