Release Contents Documents Format

Post by n_schmit » Wed, 21 Mar 2001 00:57:00

That looks like a workflow vs. a document layout.<BR><BR>
<FONT size=-2>I'm not a huge fan of X programming because you need to have the right group for it to really work, and none of the groups that I've done work for have been the 'right' group.</FONT>
------------------

Please click the following link to reply:
http://www.qaforums.com/boards/ubb/Forum15/HTML/000612.html

1. Release Contents Documents Format

I'm not sure home many people here use a RCD (Release Content Documents) in their development/testing cycle, but I'm a huge fan of using them to control scope and manage expectations (buzz words that management folks can easily understand).

It's a quick glance at the release that anyone can understand.  It's not like a release manifest/release notes that chases the release, but a document for planning and status updates.  The section 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 are appended with changes, 4.0 and 5 are edited to reflect updates.

I've got a pretty bland format (below) and I'm looking for others who use something like this to share ideas with.

__________________________________________________________________-
1.0 Release Overview
High level overview of the release.  One or two paragraphs explaining what to expect as far as features/issues go.

2.0 Release Schedule
Include every major/minor date associated with the release.  it's a planning tool so dates are subject to change, but the changes are added as edits (allows for a
-code freeze
-test plan/test case due dates
-developments release candidate due
-push to the test environment
-test case completion dates
-production release/release to client
-lesson learned

3.0 Planned Issue Resolutions
a item by item list (tied to the issue tracking system #) for every issue that is going be addressed

4.0 Release Specific Issues
In in course of testing, issues (OK...'Bugs') are going to crop up.  These are listed in this section.

5.0 Release Notes
a miscellaneous section.  Notes, changes.
------------------

Please click the following link to reply:
http://www.qaforums.com/boards/ubb/Forum15/HTML/000612.html

2. Strange solutions!

3. Any book on Acrobat tagged format (Portable Document Format) ?

4. Netware3.12 with pcmcia

5. Reading content of PDF form saved in a PDF document

6. HP 693, 890, 722

7. How do I generate a table of contents(TOC) for a visio document?

8. USR 56k Voice Faxmodem power rating

9. Document Stencil contents?

10. SR and Document Content Macro Attributes

11. Total Document or Content Managment software needed

12. Find out documents with same content

13. Technical Consulting Opps. in Content/Document Management