What is End to End Software Testing?

Post by Saq » Wed, 19 Feb 2003 02:35:25

Hi Their,

I have been asked to look at End to end testing.  I am new to this
area could you please tell me what is end to end testing or put me in
the right direction.

Thanks

Saqi

What is End to End Software Testing?

Post by indg » Wed, 19 Feb 2003 05:56:45

I'll give you three guesses what 'end to end' testing is...

Quote:> Hi Their,

> I have been asked to look at End to end testing.  I am new to this
> area could you please tell me what is end to end testing or put me in
> the right direction.

> Thanks

> Saqi

What is End to End Software Testing?

Post by Alex » Wed, 19 Feb 2003 07:57:28

Testings never ends it just stops.
But you can tell that you finished all tasks according Test plan.
see details on
http://www.geocities.com/xtremetesting/
Regards'
Alex

Quote:> Hi Their,

> I have been asked to look at End to end testing.  I am new to this
> area could you please tell me what is end to end testing or put me in
> the right direction.

> Thanks

> Saqi

What is End to End Software Testing?

Post by Alex » Wed, 19 Feb 2003 10:33:42

Sorry, first time did not read question till the end.
Answer:
End-to-End testing. Similar to system testing; the 'macro' end of the test
scale; involves testing of a complete application environment in a situation
that mimics real-world use, such as interacting with a database, using
network communications, or interacting with other hardware, applications, or
systems if appropriate.

You still can find all in the dictionary on