Usability Testing

Post by Brian Mari » Wed, 16 Oct 1996 04:00:00

_Handbook of Usability Testing_, by Jeffrey Rubin, looked good.  Can't
give a detailed review, as I left it in the Newark airport.

_Usability Engineering_, by Jakob Nielsen, has a chapter on usability
testing.  Looks like a good introduction, but I haven't read it yet.

Brian Marick, Testing Foundations (a testing training and consulting company)

http://www.stlabs.com/marick/root.htm

Usability Testing

Post by Mike Curti » Wed, 16 Oct 1996 04:00:00

> Hello,
> I am in search of literature that will give me information as to how to
> arrange a usability testing for a project management software.  Any
> samples, web links, or some information that will get me started is very
> much appreciated.

> I really look forward to getting some ideas from this newsgroup.

> Thanks a lot in advance,

> Shubha

There was a European Project to set up some standards and assessment
methods for usability. I cannot remember its name now but as a result
some usability assessment centres were set up. They may not be directly
relevant for you but it might be a good place to start your search. One
is at the National Physics Laboratory in the UK. Look at

http://www.npl.co.uk/npl/cise/hci/index.html

regards
Mike

--
Mike Curtis               tel: +44 1753 679935

Computer Associates International

1. Recording Usability testing sessions

eValid (see http://www.e-valid.com) could be set to record
the entire session.  If you do the recording in RealTime mode
then you could sync the eValid playback with the video because
on playback all of the wait times are faithfully preserved.

Two screens side by side seem reasonable for playback.  Same
screen viewing would be more difficult.

(This response posted by the eValid support team.)

2. New PPC Prices

3. Usability testing web sites

4. HP 4 drivers?

5. Need a definition for usability testing

6. Why do floppy drives get slower under OS/2?

7. Usability Testing.

8. PCI drivers?

9. Need your opinion on what book about Usability Testing is the most valuable

10. Usability Testing... are we responsible?

11. Usability Testing