Where can I find a good web testing tool?

Where can I find a good web testing tool?

Post by L » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 23:58:58

Hi,

I need to test some web applications, filling forms, timing the
download, comparing the new web pages with the page before changes,
and making sure that all the links in the web pages are valid.

Could someone recommend a good tool to me?

Your help is highly appreciated?

Lu

Where can I find a good web testing tool?

Post by Andy Raymo » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 03:34:31

Try Web Recorder at http://www.webb-technology.com

It is a good tool, nice interface, easy to use. Technical support is
good. I am using it to do regression testing.

You can divide your test cases into testing scenarioes and write
comment for each page. Anyway, I like it.

Hope it helps.

Andy

> Hi,

> I need to test some web applications, filling forms, timing the
> download, comparing the new web pages with the page before changes,
> and making sure that all the links in the web pages are valid.

> Could someone recommend a good tool to me?

> Your help is highly appreciated?

> Lu

Where can I find a good web testing tool?

Post by Bernard Homè » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 05:19:09

I found eValid (www.soft.com/eValid) to be a very useful tool for web
testing.
It's easy to use, and link checking is very easy to visualize.

Hope this helps.

Bernard H.

Quote:> Hi,

> I need to test some web applications, filling forms, timing the
> download, comparing the new web pages with the page before changes,
> and making sure that all the links in the web pages are valid.

> Could someone recommend a good tool to me?

> Your help is highly appreciated?

> Lu

Where can I find a good web testing tool?

Post by EdVli » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 19:47:36

I agree with Bernard.
E-valid is a simple but most effective tool for record playbak,
loadtest, etc.

I find the best  feature is that is really acts as an browser. Most of
the other tools are testing via objects, but not via the real browser
functionality.

Posted from the Dutch software testing community at www.testforum.nl

Where can I find a good web testing tool?

Post by L » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 23:27:49

Andy and Bernard,

Thank you very  much for your information. I have downloaded Webb
Recorder from http://www.webb-technology.com

It meets all my needs and is simple to use. Thank you again.

Lu

Post by Joe Strazze » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 01:38:05

> Andy and Bernard,

> Thank you very  much for your information. I have downloaded Webb
> Recorder from http://www.webb-technology.com

> It meets all my needs and is simple to use. Thank you again.

> Lu

It might be a terrific product.
But, if their web site is any indication, it's not.

  "Solidate website quality" ???
  "Simplize the testing procedure" ???
  links that don't work?

too bad.

Where can I find a good web testing tool?

Post by Melo » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 12:35:36

Vendor Posting:

Lu, Bernard, Andy and Joe,

Thank you very much for your comments on Web Recorder at
http://www.webb-technology.com

Your comments, compliment or criticism, help us to improve our
product. We appreciate your comments and wish you to continue to use
it. All the bug reports, suggestions will be corrected very quickly.

Melody

Melody Smith                  |  email:

78 Webb St.                   |  Tel:   908 346 2889
Edison, NJ 08820              |  Fax:   908 757 6323
U.S.A.                        |
______________________________|________________________________________

Post by Joe Strazze » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 21:28:08

> Vendor Posting:

> Lu, Bernard, Andy and Joe,

> Thank you very much for your comments on Web Recorder at
> http://www.webb-technology.com

> Your comments, compliment or criticism, help us to improve our
> product. We appreciate your comments and wish you to continue to use
> it. All the bug reports, suggestions will be corrected very quickly.

Ok, Melody.  I see you have fixed the spelling of some words.

So I think I understand what "Simplify the testing procedure" is
supposed to mean (although the grammar is rather poor).
But what is "Consolidate website quality" supposed to mean?

If you intend to reach an English-speaking audience, you really need
to work on your web site.

-joe

Quote:

> > It might be a terrific product.
> > But, if their web site is any indication, it's not.

> >   "Solidate website quality" ???
> >   "Simplize the testing procedure" ???
> >   links that don't work?

> > too bad.

Where can I find a good web testing tool?

Post by Mark » Tue, 15 Jul 2003 00:05:30

Have you checked out www.opensourcetesting.org? There are many free,
open-source web testing tools on there.

Mark

Post by Mark » Tue, 15 Jul 2003 00:05:39

Have you tried looking on www.opensourcetesting.org? There are various
free, open-source web testing tools on there.

Mark

Where can I find a good web testing tool?

Post by Smit » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 09:43:40

Vendor Post:
Please try TestSmith from QualityForge.
   http://qualityforge.com
It can do all the things you ask - and more.
It is currently available as a (free) beta edition.
Quote:> I need to test some web applications...
> Could someone recommend a good tool to me?

1. Web event on EJB testing and Bean-test tool (Thursday, January 10, 2002)

Empirix is hosting a free one hour web event presentation called
"Enterprise JavaBeans Performance Verification". This event will be
held Thursday, January 10, 2002 at 2pm EST.

To register for this web event or learn about about web events being
offering by Empirix, go to: http://webevents.empirix.com/

Enterprise JavaBeans Performance Verification
Enterprise Java Beans (EJBs) are the central components in a
Java-based enterprise architecture solution. They contain the business
logic for an enterprise system and implement the communication between
the Web-tier and database tiers. EJBs typically are architected and
implemensted for months before integrating with the Web-tier hardware
and software. Waiting to verify the scalability of the overall EJB
design and the efficient implementation until late in the software
project with a Web test tool is risky and may cause the entire
software project to fail.

Due to the important role EJBs play, performance testing of the EJB
architecture and implementation is critical during the entire design
cycle, the test cycle, application server tuning, and with any
hardware and software environment changes. Manual vs. automated EJB
component verification strategies will be discussed. During the
presentation, we will show how an example EJB will be scalability
tested using Bean-test, Empirix's automated EJB component test tool.
We will show how Bean-test automatically creates a test harness,
exercises an EJB under load, isolates a scalability problem, and
confirms an implemented correction to the scalability problem is
successful.

The web discussion will begin with a presentation on EJB performance
testing followed by a question and answer session.

2. Where to buy

3. Suggest web testing tools for Regression testing and Bad Link Checking

4. Can I get .tfm or .afm files for Bitstream fonts?

5. new xbox forum

6. Canned agents any good ? (SNMP Research,Peer,etc.)

7. AFS & supportin programs

8. Canned Java Report tools???

9. Need Help on finding a Good Code Coverage Tool

10. How porting of Winrunner Web based Test Script to Xrunner Web Test done ?