where can I find more information on Visual Interceptor?

Post by patric » Wed, 07 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Try here: http://www.elsitech.com/products/products.htm

where can I find more information on Visual Interceptor?

Post by edus.. » Wed, 07 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Visual Intercept is made by Elsinore Technologies, see
http://www.elsitech.com/ for more info.
HTH,
Elfriede
www.autotestco.com

__________________________________

Quote:> I am looking to get a bug tracking system for our software development
> company.  Names of programs that I've seen pop up include Visual
> Interceptor.

> Cany anyone tell me who makes this product and where I can get more
info on
> it?

> Thanks in advance.

> Rats

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Rats » Thu, 08 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I am looking to get a bug tracking system for our software development
company.  Names of programs that I've seen pop up include Visual
Interceptor.

Cany anyone tell me who makes this product and where I can get more info on
it?

Thanks in advance.

Rats

1. Interceptors and State Information

Hi,

For the same method invocation, do you know how to keep state
information between the server interceptor and the client
interceptor ?

for example for the following situation:

Client1 -> Server1 -> Server2.

Client1 invokes a method on Server1 which invokes a method
on Server2.

Server1 wants to :

1- Grab the ServiceContext information (using its Server
interceptor). That's ok.

2- Executes the method. That's ok.

3- Invokes the method on Server2, including the same
ServiceContext taken  from the request by Client1
(using its client interceptor for instance).

Problem: the ServiceContext from Client1 is lost.

The Closure Object (provided by visibroker interceptors)
only permits  to pass state information between the same
chain of interceptor (not between server interceptor and
client interceptor).

The ServiceContext information could be kept in a Dictionnary
(a Map object), but this requires a unique identifier for the
client interceptor to look up the ServiceContext saved by
the server Interceptor, and I don't know any.

We need this feature for Server2 to retrieve Client1 IP address
(the info is forwarded all along the Corba Objects Chain in the
ServiceContext). We're using visibroker 3.4 both with Java and C++

Thanks for your help.

Sebastian Vaucouleur.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Guest Logon SBS domain, machine not joined to the domain

3. Upgrade Visual Basic 3.0 to Visual Basic 6.0 or Visual Basic.NET

4. error flaging I can't reason with..

5. CFP: Visual Information Systems

6. FORSALE Sharp Wizard OZ8200 PDA w/ Thesaurus/Dictionary card $100

7. Visual Test - controlling and retrieving information from "role=client windows" (e.g. open office)

8. How to add vertical scroll bar in dialog and make it scroll?

9. MS Visual Test 4.0 Beta information

10. Visual c++ symbolic information no matching

11. information on the Visual 60 terminal

12. canned

13. IGN says xbox is cancelled / being canned? hoax?