Recording Usability testing sessions

Post by evali » Thu, 14 Sep 2000 04:00:00

> Does anyone have any tips about what hardware and software we could use to
> record our website usability testing sessions.

> Ideally, I would like to be able to record both the video of the respondent
> and what is happening on the respondent's monitor and bring both these
> together in a split screen presentation for later viewing.

> Has anyone used such a set-up? If not I'd welcome any tips on the best ways
> to both record and later present the results from usability testing sessions.

> Thanks
> Debbie Nesshark

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

eValid (see http://www.e-valid.com) could be set to record
the entire session.  If you do the recording in RealTime mode
then you could sync the eValid playback with the video because
on playback all of the wait times are faithfully preserved.

Two screens side by side seem reasonable for playback.  Same
screen viewing would be more difficult.

(This response posted by the eValid support team.)

Post by dnessh.. » Fri, 15 Sep 2000 01:03:40

Does anyone have any tips about what hardware and software we could use to
record our website usability testing sessions.

Ideally, I would like to be able to record both the video of the respondent
and what is happening on the respondent's monitor and bring both these
together in a split screen presentation for later viewing.

Has anyone used such a set-up? If not I'd welcome any tips on the best ways
to both record and later present the results from usability testing sessions.

Thanks
Debbie Nesshark

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Recording Usability testing sessions

Post by ElfDust » Tue, 03 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hi Debbie,
Take a look at http://www.ergolight.co.il/.
ErgoLight WebTester will enable owners of e-Commerce sites to learn about
design flaws that prevent surfers from completing an order form. With ErgoLight
WebTester you will be able to:
Obtain typical patterns of site navigation
Explore the details of a particular navigation session
Classify surfing patterns by success criteria
Identify critical design flaws
Estimate the lost sales due to a design flaw
Obtain user feedback for critical failure modes, etc.

HTH,
Elfriede

Elfriede Dustin
Author (with Rashka, Paul) of book "Automated Software Testing"
www.autotestco.com