Problem using SockLib on VxWorks using Tornado

Problem using SockLib on VxWorks using Tornado

Post by Sheetal Khandka » Wed, 30 May 2001 19:47:57

Hi,

I am using Tornado 2.0 with VxWorks. I am trying to use SockLib library to
implement sockets. I have created a downloadable project which uses socket()
function. The project gets built properly, but while downloading that to the
target server using the simulator, it gives me an error which states -
unresolved symbol - _socket.

Then I tried to build a bootable application after including the same C
file. Now it gives me a build error. To remove that, if I try to include the
network facilities, by #defining INCLUDE_NETWORK, it does not allow me to do
it.

Can anybody help me out with this?

Thanks and Regards,

-Sheetal.

Problem using SockLib on VxWorks using Tornado

Post by Deepak Gupt » Wed, 30 May 2001 18:14:59

Hi Sheetal,
I am afraid that u might have used Standard simulator.
use custom built Simulator which u will get in default directory of ur
project.
hopefully this will help u to slove ur problem
With Regards
Deepak Gupta

Hi,

I am using Tornado 2.0 with VxWorks. I am trying to use SockLib library to
implement sockets. I have created a downloadable project which uses socket()
function. The project gets built properly, but while downloading that to the
target server using the simulator, it gives me an error which states -
unresolved symbol - _socket.

Then I tried to build a bootable application after including the same C
file. Now it gives me a build error. To remove that, if I try to include the
network facilities, by #defining INCLUDE_NETWORK, it does not allow me to do
it.

Can anybody help me out with this?

Thanks and Regards,

-Sheetal.

www.controlnetindia.com

1. Executing vxWorks simulator not using tornado environment in Windows NT

Hi,
I want to run vxWorks simulator without tornado environment in PC.
When I build customized vxWorks image for simulator (NT),
I added target shell and show modules.
But when I run vxWorks.exe, I cannot see my directory as follows :

Adding 2397 symbols for standalone.

-> ls
Can't open ".".
value = -1 = 0xffffffff = _func_taskRegsShowRtn + 0xffb82d27
->

Is it impossible to attach PC file system for simulator not using
tornado environment (just executing vxWorks.exe) ?

Kim.

2. Inheritance Issues

3. Error in Inclusion of Web Server to vxWorks using Tornado IDE

4. Paper that transfers to T-shirts?

5. vxWorks Tornado 2.2 x86-win32 host using cygwin?

6. Problems w/IBM's CA News Server?

7. Building VxWorks image using Tornado Prototyper

8. lcc mailing list

9. Compiling VxWorks using Tornado 2.0 from Command Line

10. building vxWorks using Tornado II

11. VxWorks/Tornado - did anybody used makeStatTbl ?

12. Using ncurses under vxworks 5.3.1 / Tornado

13. {Q:}Has anyone used VxWorks/Tornado w/Power PC?