RPC performance question

Post by Tom Rosenbau » Fri, 25 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Does anyone have any performance numbers for communication between
an SGI and Vxworks/mvme2304 using RPC's Vs. Sockets?

Is the performance simular or greatly degraded using RPC?

Thanks for any info.

Tom Rosenbaum
G.E. Medical Systems
(414) 785-5696

1. Network performance using RPC

I'm studying the option of using ONC RPC to communicate between a Linux
machine and a WinNT box.
We need to transmit raw byte streams as fast as possible from the WinNT
box over a 100Mbit LAN.
Normally we'd do this with bare TCP/IP sockets, but our customers prefer
using ONC RPC.
Has anybody done this, using ONC RPC, and what are the overheads
involved, affecting performance? What kinds of end-to-end (application
level data) throughput have you been able to achieve?
Please include machine specs (processor, memory etc) if available.

Thanks for any/all feedback,.

Kristofer

2. Problem with StandBy Mode

3. mainframe -> RPC -> NT Performance

4. Operating System Question

5. RPC performance

6. Anyone Know About SENDMAIL.CF Secrets?

7. mainframe -> RPC -> NT Performance

8. **FS: HP 620LX

9. Sun RPC or microsoft RPC in VxDCOM ?

10. RPC is not RPC

11. Rpc 4.0 and Microsoft Rpc

12. Is Sun RPC Interoperable with DCE RPC??

13. RPC over TCP: RPC call fails