seeking PCI-bus SBC

Post by Harvey Won » Thu, 06 May 1999 04:00:00

Dear VxWorks Users,

I need a very low-cost PCI-bus single board computer (ideally with VxWorks
support) which can be plugged into the PCI backplane of an NT workstation.
 Most PCI-bus CPU boards are set up to be the "system controller" or bus
master so they won't work.    Also, I can't use CompactPCI -- it's gotta be
regular PCI.

Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Harvey

seeking PCI-bus SBC

Post by Mike Anderso » Fri, 07 May 1999 04:00:00

VxWorks Greetings!

Quote:

> I need a very low-cost PCI-bus single board computer (ideally
> with VxWorks
> support) which can be plugged into the PCI backplane of an NT
> workstation.
>  Most PCI-bus CPU boards are set up to be the "system
> controller" or bus
> master so they won't work.    Also, I can't use CompactPCI --
> it's gotta be
> regular PCI.

Hi Harvey,

  You don't mention which architecture you're interested in,
but Cyclone make a very nice i960 (the PCI-914) with a VxWorks
BSP.  Their new PCI-981 looks good as well. http://www.cyclone.com

An alternate approach would be to use Performance Technologies'
PowerQUICC-based WAN product (PT-PCI370PQ T1/E1 WAN Communications
Adapter).  They might already have a VxWorks BSP for it, but even
if they don't, the PowerQUICC isn't that hard to support.  They
are at http://www.pt.com.

HTH,

Michael E. Anderson                | Integrated Chipware
Chief Scientist                    | 1861 Wiehle Ave. #300
                                   | Reston, VA 20190

www.chipware.com    (888)430-CHIP  | (703) 736-3556 FAX
 "Software development is like making a baby.
  You can't make a baby in one month by impregnating nine women.
  Some things just take time..."

seeking PCI-bus SBC

Post by Andrew W. Reynold » Wed, 26 May 1999 04:00:00

Take a look at at www.tundra.com. They have a reference design kit that is a
MPC860 (PowerQUICC) on a PCI card using their QSpan PCI bridge chip. This is
some memory and NT drivers. The card is sold through Daner Hayes (link on
tundra site).